Assistant Branch Manager
Company: Resource One Credit Union
Posted on: November 26, 2022
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS POSITION REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Member Service Representative POSITION
PURPOSE Responsible for assisting with the direction and
administration of Branch operations. Ensures that established
policies and procedures are followed. Oversees the provision of a
full range of services to members and prospective members. Ensures
that members are promptly and professionally served. Acts as Branch
Manager as necessary. Trains, directs, and assists in supervising
Branch staff. Performs various Branch functions as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for assisting in the supervision of
- Ensures that operations are conducted in accordance with
established Credit Union policies, legal and regulatory
requirements, and audit standards. Provides suggestions for
- Ensures Branch security. Assists with opening and closing the
building in accordance with set hours. Tests security equipment as
- Ensures that the Branch balances all transactions at the close
of each day. Manages tellers, runs related reports, and balances
the vault at the end of each day. Provides assistance to Tellers as
needed. Completes month end certification of all cash items and
- Assists with Member Service Representative functions as
- Promotes Branch business development and seeks to broaden
member base. Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and
- Completes required reports and records and ensures that Branch
functions are properly documented.
- Assists with implementing changes to established policy and
procedures within the Branch.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective coordination and working relations with Branch
- Provides assistance, direction, and supervision as needed,
including guidance for Member Service Representatives and
- Reviews and monitors the work of Branch personnel. Provides
suggestions and support as necessary.
- Assists with orientation of new employees and staff training
sessions. Ensures that personnel are well trained in all phases of
their respective jobs. Performs cross training as necessary.
- Assists with determining appropriate staffing levels and
- Assists with tracking individual progress and conducting
performance appraisals. Formulates and implements corrective
actions as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective, professional business relations with members.
- Ensures that members' requests and questions are promptly and
courteously resolved. Answers members' questions or refers
- Ensures the members are informed of Credit Union services,
products, and policies. Cross-sells services.
- Ensures that the Credit Union's professional reputation is
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or
- Replaces Branch Manager as necessary. Assists with personnel
functions as assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well
- Completes other duties as assigned, including cross training in
current or other departments PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS
- Branch services are efficiently and effectively delivered in
accordance with established Credit Union policies and
- Good business relations exist with members and their questions
and problems promptly resolved.
- Good working relations exist with Branch personnel. Assistance
is provided as needed.
- Required reports and records are accurate and timely.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of
any significant problems. QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION:
High school diploma or equivalent. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Thorough
knowledge of Credit Union products, services, and policies.
- Understanding of Teller/Member Service Representative
- Knowledge of Loan Sales Officer duties. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two to five years of related or similar experience required.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well organized.
- Able to operate related computer applications and basic
- Good supervisory abilities. PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND
REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION REPETITIVE MOTION: Movements
frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or
fingers. TALKING: Especially where one must frequently convey
detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or
quickly. AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity
necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate
machinery. AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average or normal
conversations and receive ordinary information. PHYSICAL STRENGTH:
Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of
force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.) WORKING CONDITIONS
NONE: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as
in a typical office). MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS
POSITION REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply logical or scientific
thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
- Able to interpret a variety of technical instructions and can
deal with Multiple variables. MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to
compute discount, interest, profit, and loss; commission markup and
selling price; ratio and proportion and percentage. Able to perform
very simple algebra. LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read periodicals,
journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias.
Ability to prepare business letters, proposals, summaries, and
reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of
punctuation, grammar, diction, and style. Ability to conduct
training, communicate at panel discussions and to make professional
presentations. INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS Job
descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring
process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are
selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system
and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions.
Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any
effective compensation system. All descriptions have been reviewed
to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been
included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each
position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities
included have been determined to be the minimal standards required
to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however,
should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be
interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements
may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. In accordance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that
requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled
individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose
serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which
impose undue hardships on the organization. Job descriptions are
not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The
organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees
can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Keywords: Resource One Credit Union, Dallas , Assistant Branch Manager, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!