Strategic Account Manager - Remote/Hybrid
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower
the world's most innovative companies to deliver transformational
products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest
portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our
customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer
products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software
developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our
corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us
each unique, we become collectively better.The Strategic Account
Manager builds long-term strategic relationships with strategically
important global customers and partners. The Strategic Account
Manager can be assigned to up to 3 Strategic Accounts, and
responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned account
objectives. The successful Strategic Account Manager represents the
full portfolio of Ansys products and services to assigned
customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and
ensuring assigned customers' needs and expectations are met by the
company. Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate future business with customer and identify and
define solutions where ANSYS offerings can be applied by enabling
that the right people in both organizations get together for
activities such as management review meetings (MRMs), trainings,
seminars, and info days to enhance new business opportunities
- Meet or exceed new business sales plan across all BUs and the
assigned accounts .
- Develop sales and technical partnerships to uncover, understand
and document key technical challenges / pain points.
- Facilitate tool evaluations by identifying the appropriate
Ansys Application Engineers, Product Specialists and, when
required, R&D resources.
- Research, gather, analyze, maintain, and disseminate
information about the accounts; develop exceptional knowledge of
the customer and competitors and be well versed in the customer's
problems, KBIs, goals, needs, and issues . Understand and document
the organizational chart and sales process.
- Document customer's before and after required capabilities
along with metrics that define success to facilitate the required
tool evaluations .
- Coordinate with Ansys and Customer legal (as required) to
facilitate required MNDAs .
- Oversee solution development and deliver (with help from
account team and support function) compelling customer
presentations in coordination with technical team .
- Define and create proposals/offers that represent maximum value
to the customer and fair price for ANSYS; ensure that proposals
address customer's key issues, needs, and requirements, and align
well their KBIs, Critical Success Factors, and KPIs .
- Facilitate contract negotiations and achieve a win for both the
customer and Ansys.
- Provide accurate forecasts for new, renewal business, and
services; maintain healthy pipeline to meet goals .
- Serve as a resource to Ansys channel partners within a
designated territory by assisting with the sales process related to
new and existing accounts, up to and including opportunity close.
Required Skills and Experience
- Education & Years of Experience: Bachelor's degree in
technical, engineer, business or related field and 4+ years of
experience and demonstrated success in technical sales positions OR
8+ years of experience and demonstrated success in technical sales
- 2+ years experience as a senior/key/named account manager
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering analysis and
- Ability to manage and delegate multiple opportunities and
priorities while tracking progress .
- Excellent communication (including at executive level),
organizational skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills required.
- Fluent in English and in the local language of the
- Travel: up to 50% Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of company's products/services and
- Knowledge of the specific accounts
- Professional appearance and presentation ALIGNING YOUR VALUES
TO OUR SOLUTIONS At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us
the strength and insight to solve the world's most challenging
engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS At
Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most
visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to
change the world with innovative technology and transformational
solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known,
world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those
willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on.
At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the
collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission
accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect
with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact
real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working
environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.At Ansys, you
will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the
next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is
passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation
technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts
into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a
measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been
recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by
prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE
magazines.Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the
NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following
awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold
Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold
Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA
Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on
Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's
Most Responsible Companies.For more information, please visit us at
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging
where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team. Ansys is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
characteristics.Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for
vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of
Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or
Keywords: UsaSurveyJob, Dallas , Strategic Account Manager - Remote/Hybrid, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!