Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Career Opportunity: We have an opportunity for Maintenance
Manager in our Dallas, TX Paper Mill. The Maintenance Manager will
oversee and ensure all maintenance and facility programs are
executed in an efficient, safe, and cost-effective manner by
providing leadership and guidance. This position will report to the
Operations Manager and is responsible for leading a team that
drives the performance of mill assets and systems in order to
maximize reliability, productivity, and quality at optimum costs
while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the
company. How you will impact:
- Drives a world-class safety culture with an emphasis on
creating a culture of caring to facilitate an environment where
safety is our highest value.
- Lead a maintenance department consisting of 2 salaried
supervisors, 1 salaried mechanical planner, 1 reliability engineer,
14 hourly multi-craft mechanics, 8 hourly electricians, and 1
hourly instrumentation tech.
- Effectively partner with other departments in the mill and
create an environment of teamwork.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable government, insurance,
and company regulations and standards.
- Develops the maintenance budget and leads the department to
meet operating needs within budget constraints.
- Create a culture of critical thinking and troubleshooting
skills to build a platform of continuous improvement within
maintenance functions and overall mill operations.
- Support operations and maintenance efforts in solving recurring
issues by conducting equipment failure root cause analysis.
- Continually reviews the operation of plant equipment and
systems to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve
problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for
- Responsible for all preventative and predictive maintenance
- Utilizes and maintains system for tracking work orders, PM's,
monitor spare parts, and provide maintenance history of plant
equipment. Tracks, analyzes, and improves key maintenance
performance indicators such as asset utilization, maintenance
costs, PM/WO completions, etc.
- Ensures that maintenance employees are adequately trained,
equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be
accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Provides for training and development as well as coaching and
- Responsible for strategic long term maintenance planning to
include infrastructure monitoring and improvements.
- Ensure efficient utilization of mill manpower and contractors
to include oversight of various long term contract agreements.
- Monitor behaviors within organizational boundaries to maintain
a culture embedded in professionalism, customer satisfaction,
employee engagement, respect, and trust.
- Manage mill wide mobile equipment.
- Coordinate and work closely with Stores & Accounting to ensure
adequate spare parts availability while optimizing overall
inventory levels. What you need to succeed:
- BS in Engineering OR Strong background in Mechanical or
- 10+ years' experience in Maintenance Management.
- Pulp/Paper manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical specialists,
management, supervision, and technicians.
- Ability to lead a multi-discipline team both as supervisor and
in a technical capacity.
- Ability to operate effectively in the use of business tools
including computers, e-mail, and applicable software
- Ability to put sustainable systems in place to track and report
maintenance costs while working closely with accounting to forecast
- Strong organization and communication skills with the proven
ability to motivate and manage a team.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Dallas , Maintenance Manager, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!