Vice President of Instruction
Company: Hill College
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Campus/Location: - Johnson County Campus, Cleburne, TX; Burleson
Educational Center, Burleson, TX, Hill County Campus, Hillsboro, TX
Pay Classification: X *Preference may be given to candidates who
reside in or are willing to relocate to Hill, Johnson, Bosque,
Somervell and Hood counties. Job Summary: Serves as the Chief
Academic Officer of Instructional Programs. Oversees all areas of
instruction including: Learning Innovations and Library Services,
Instructional Pathways, and Job Training and Workforce
Partnerships. Minimum Required Education: -
- Master's degree in a field that aligns with one of the four
Hill College pathways or higher education.
- Preferred: Doctoral degree in a field that aligns with one of
the four Hill College pathways or higher education. Minimum
Required Experience: -
- At least three years' experience as an academic leader in
- Supervisory experience and broad-based leadership and
- Prior teaching experience at the college/university level. Core
- Serves as the chief academic officer of the institution,
responsible for the instructional enterprise, including program
development and assessment; faculty appointment; professional
development, evaluation; and development of academic policies and
- Co-leads the development and implementation of data-informed
strategies to improve college access; admissions and enrollment
processes; and increase retention, progression, and
- Committed to instructional excellence, student success, and the
elimination of equity gaps.
- Serves as an effective team player and member of the Executive
- Is visible and present for faculty, program coordinators,
pathway deans, and support staff. Strategic Vision and Program
- Plays a leadership role in developing and ensuring execution of
a vision that advances student access, excellence in teaching and
learning, and student success across all instructional areas.
- Provides visionary leadership for and oversees the continuous
enrollment and programmatic growth.
- Understands the importance of aligning teaching practice to
different learning styles and utilizing multiple modalities, and
works to advance the capacity of faculty college-wide.
- Stays current on the science of teaching, learning, and
assessment, and evidence about optimal student success
- Demonstrates commitment to evidence-based practice by using
data to make decisions, celebrate successes, and communicate
priorities; regularly modifies evidence-based strategies and
programs to account for changing landscapes, policies, and student
- Strategically aligns improvements in the learning environment
and faculty advising to support institutional goals and efforts to
advance student success and equity in access, retention,
completion, and post-graduation outcomes.
- Demonstrates commitment to improving student learning and
success through strategic approaches to faculty appointment,
professional development, evaluation, and assessment.
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
throughout all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate commitment to ensuring that instructional programs
provide easily; navigated pathways to further education and the
- Ensures the integrity and accountability of instructional
programs by upholding professional and accreditation
- Articulates a strategic vision for the institution's goals,
operations, revenue streams, expenditures, and resources.
- Deeply values the engagement of faculty and instructional
leaders throughout the college in advancing strategic vision and
understands the role of instructional leaders and decision-making
processes in institutional transformation.
- Maintains strong relationships and collaborates with Executive
Leadership Team colleagues on efforts to achieve student success
and equity goals.
- Works closely with college leadership to prioritize student
success through, for example, program design, course scheduling,
- Demonstrates an understanding of the role instructional leaders
and faculty can play in supporting effective student advising.
- Facilitates effective processes that engage instructional
leaders and faculty in organizational development and change.
- Collaborates closely with the CIO and other instructional
leaders to develop systems that advance effective online/virtual
education and predictive analytics for student success.
- Advances student learning and success through collaboration
with outside entities including employers, K-12 school systems,
universities, and community-based organizations.
- In collaboration with the Hill College liaison to the Southern
Association of Colleges and Schools - Commission on Colleges,
coordinates and maintains regional and specialized
- Represents the college by participating on various state and
local councils, committees, boards, community organizations, and
- In collaboration with pathway deans, program coordinators, and
the Executive Leadership Team, recommends annual budget requests
for the division and supervises budgeted expenditures. Demonstrated
- Commitment to the community college model and the Hill College
- Effectively articulates, models, and supports the values and
Code of Conduct of Hill College.
- Commitment to student-centered teaching and learning.
- Experience making strategic change with a sense of
- Experience tackling complex issues and making bold decisions
for the good of students and the institution.
- High degree of emotional intelligence.
- Experience in effectively handling issues regarding students,
faculty, and staff.
- Strong communication and relationship skills with direct
reports and staff, senior leadership, the CEO, and board.
- High-energy change agent who effectively communicates the "why"
ahead of and during anticipated changes. Other Information: -
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Performs other responsibilities delegated by President
- Security sensitive position Physical Requirements: - Sedentary
work; exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human
Keywords: Hill College, Dallas , Vice President of Instruction, Executive , Burleson, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...