Senior Director, Engineering
Company: Analog Group
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Our Client is a global semiconductor company looking for top
talent to expand a dynamic workforce. Revenue doubled last year,
stock tripled, and the future looks bright. Come be a part of an
outstanding growth opportunity where you can make a difference!
Excellent compensation packages and benefits are one click
- Our Client develops high-performance solutions for the most
challenging applications in sensors, sensor interfaces, power
management and wireless. Experience the seamless interface between
humans and technology.SUMMARY:
- This position will serve as Senior Director of Engineering for
Optical Sensors. This role supports management responsibilities for
a 200+ member cross-functional team of highly skilled technical
contributors and managers. The successful candidate must have
demonstrated proficiency in engineering management and leadership.
In this role you will interface with a team of highly talented
Engineers in the industry to continue in the pursuit of technical
excellence and market leadership in a fast paced Optical Sensor
Semiconductor environment, delivering products to multiple Tier1
OEMs in the Smartphone and consumer electronics space. A strong
background in product development, engineering tools and processes,
budget oversight, and functional management is a must - including
skills associated with staffing and team development.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, manage, and direct the overall product development
engineering activities of the department.
- Coordinate the creation, development, design, and improvement
of products in conformance with established processes and
- Develop and manage department budget.
- Work with Business Line leadership and program teams to plan
resource needs and manage staffing to accommodate those needs.
- Monitor team activities to ensure compliance with development
processes and quality standards.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals, including
generation of engineering RFIs (Response for Information) from
- Analyze designs as necessary to ensure compliance with
performance, cost, schedule, and risk objectives.
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer, and business
- Actively support pursuit of new business by developing and
presenting new concepts, technologies or applications.
- Develop trusted engineering contacts with the customer
- Provide mentoring and career counseling for engineering staff
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values
and culture of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED
- Education: Minimum of Master's Degree in Electronic
Engineering; PhD a plus.
- Experience: +15 years in Semiconductor design with 10 years in
demonstrated Senior Engineering team leadership positions managing
large diverse teams in multiple locations.
- Experience in multi-location (North America, Europe, Asia) and
multi-cultural team management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to execute large group and customer
- Demonstrated proficiency recruiting technical talent and
building efficient development teams.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office tools, including the use of
Excel, Project, and PowerPoint to organize complex data for
communication and analysis.REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Responsible for design and development of mixed signal IC Teams
from initial concept until production ramp, including design for:
manufacturability, yield, test, and reliability.
- Supervises detailed design (analog and digital), simulation,
layout, verification (digital and mixed signal) and validation of
- Excellent knowledge of product development processes and
engineering tools - emphasis in analog / mixed signal Integrated
Circuit Design or a similar specialty.
- Expertise with SPICE simulations, including: PVT, Monte Carlo,
mixed signal, modelling, optimization, etc.
- Detailed understanding of the Systems engineering discipline,
including requirements development, product qualification, and
- Experience leading multi-discipline technical teams to solve
complex problems and achieve results.
- Ensure adherence to engineering practices and challenge
engineers on the implementation and design robustness.
- Work with other internal organizations to ensure timely project
execution and proper implementation (such as Operations, Test,
Quality, Applications, etc.).
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Ability to decipher highly technical data and make sound
- Multi-task in an evolving project environment.
- Ability to analyze data in Mathcad, MATLAB, or similar
- Calm professional demeanor and excellent listening skills.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and build strong teams.
- Experience with Optical Sensor products a Plus.
Keywords: Analog Group, Dallas , Senior Director, Engineering, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...