Financial Accounting Manager
Posted on: November 18, 2023
*InTulsa is partnering with Next Gen Tax -to -find candidates
for this exciting role in Tulsa*
**Location: Tulsa, OK. - This is a hybrid -position for those
already in Tulsa, OK or willing to relocate to Tulsa, OK**
At NextGen, your "small' business is a BIG deal. It's passion. It's
income. It's legacy. Our team of CPAs, MBAs, and attorneys is the
best and brightest minds in the business who work collectively with
one goal: building our clients' empires.
We exist to help create and educate the NextGeneration of
ultra-successful business owners by providing integrated and
strategic tax, accounting, and business law services.
Team NextGen consists of a diverse group of powerhouse women who
are changing the face of public accounting. We invite you to
authentically showcase your rockstar expertise and skills as we
journey to the next level.
At NextGen, we are client service-focused! You will work with our
dedicated tax team on income tax return reviews, tax planning
strategies for business owners, client consultations, tax plan
implementation, tax analysis, and tax research.
As Financial Accounting Manager, you will play a vital role within
- Oversee services for a portfolio of clients: You'll supervise a
team of 6 staff & senior accountants to ensure a portfolio of 100+
businesses has their bookkeeping and financial accounting needs met
on a monthly basis. -
- Provide technical support: You'll support the team by providing
technical accounting guidance when assistance is needed with
recording journal entries, applying proper accounting treatment,
- Manage the client experience: You will serve as the primary
point of contact for top tier clients and help with any requests
that go beyond the abilities of the bookkeepers you supervise.
Often this means acting as an outsourced CFO for the client.
- Serve as liaison with the tax department: You'll work closely
with the tax department to ensure financial goals and tax strategy
goals are aligned and ensure the financial reporting is shared
timely with tax at quarter end and year end. -
- Complete periodic financial analyses: You'll review and analyze
the financials to extract meaningful data for a robust quarterly
review with the business owner.
Essential skills for brilliance:
- Experienced. We need an accountant who has handled the
accounting services for multiple small businesses. The ideal
candidate has public accounting experience. Supervisory experience
is very valuable for this role. Candidates must also have
experience working directly in QuickBooks Online.
- Knowledgeable. You must have an excellent understanding of
accounting & bookkeeping best practices.
- Highly organized. You need to juggle multiple clients with
different services and coordinate the work to ensure timely
completion of projects and communication with key stakeholders.
This requires exceptional organizational, time management, and
project management skills. -
- Great at building strong, personal relationships. You are the
primary contact for a set of clients. It's important that you
establish a personal rapport with the clients. More than just an
accountant, the goal in this position is to become a trusted
advisor to each client. This takes relationship-building skills and
a friendly, outgoing attitude. -
- Detail-oriented. Clients judge us a lot by our accuracy and
precision. The ideal candidate hates making mistakes and is
extremely detail-oriented. -
- A great communicator. As a client facing accountant you will
have conference calls with clients routinely. You should have
excellent professional communication skills. You'll need to be
perfectly fluent in English (both written and spoken). -
- Tech-savvy. You'll need to be adept with computers and good at
figuring out new systems and tools. QuickBooks Online experience is
- An adaptable, fast learner. Every client has a different set of
processes, requirements, etc., so each new client is a learning
experience. We need someone who feels very comfortable diving in
and figuring things out independently (though there will always be
people who can help!). If you're at your happiest with a routine
monthly close cycle without variation, this might not be the ideal
role for you. If you love tackling new projects and helping
organizations achieve their goals, we'd love to meet you.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business. -
- Active CPA license --- 5+ years of recent and relatable work
- A track record of successful supervision of a team -
- Strong communication skills and the ability to foster internal
and external relationships.
What brilliance looks like:
An exceptional professional who can capture our mission, embrace
new challenges, possess a culture of excellence, exudes a positive
attitude, is self-motivated, and is a natural relationship builder!
If this description suits you, then you may be the next tax
accounting rockstar to join our team.
Why join Team NextGen:
- Make history. Our startup is still fairly small, but we have
big plans to disrupt the accounting and tax industry. This is a
great opportunity to get in early at a startup that, we believe, is
on its way to becoming an industry leader. -
- Do work that matters. The projects you'll be working on will be
critical to the success of the company and our clients. We are
obsessed with the transformation stories we help facilitate our
clients' businesses that helps accelerate their growth. -
- Flexible work schedule. Following the successful completion of
your first 60 days, you can design your own work schedule.
- Grow with the firm. As our firm continues to grow, there will
be many opportunities to take on new responsibilities and grow
- Work that stays fresh. You'll have a diverse portfolio of 150+
clients in a broad range of industries, all with different goals
and file types. There will always be tons of opportunities to learn
Keywords: inTulsa, Dallas , Financial Accounting Manager, Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!