Public Relations Account Director (Enterprise/Cybersecurity)
Company: Highwire Public Relations, Inc.
Posted on: November 20, 2023
About us: Highwire sets the standard for high-impact
communications and marketing for global technology and healthcare
companies, connecting reputation to revenue. As the top-ranked
independent tech and healthcare PR firm, we represent some of the
biggest brands in cloud, enterprise, security, fintech, healthcare,
and consumer. We are nimble, creative and committed to growth and
inclusivity for all our team members.At Highwire, we believe that
storytelling fuels transformation. And the most impactful stories
represent all voices and perspectives. As a values-driven agency,
we foster an inclusive environment, where everyone-regardless of
age, race/ethnicity, size, shape, gender identity, sexual
orientation, religion and different abilities-can feel safe,
celebrated and worthy.We ensure every Highwire Walker has unique
support to climb to success. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion
and belonging is permanent and foundational to our business and
culture. We aspire to change our industry and build a better future
for all.Our people-first culture is driven by four core
values:Inclusion AlwaysGrowth MindsetTeam EmpowermentFierce
DistinctionWe're looking for individuals with big ideas, strong
opinions, and the energy to bring them to life. If you thrive in an
environment that values personal accountability, high standards,
and boundless motivation, this is the opportunity for you. Be part
of our award winning culture and contribute to an exciting and
growing business where you can make a real impact.We are based in
San Francisco with offices in New York, Boston and Chicago.
However, we are also open to hire in the following states:
Connecticut, Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey,
North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont,
Washington.About the role: The Account Director position is a
unique opportunity to become a leader for an innovative PR agency.
As a member of our management team, this individual has to be a
visionary creative type with 7+ years of experience growing teams
and delighting clients. The Account Director will lead 4 to 5 teams
overseeing the development of high-level strategy with clients to
ensure the team is successful with media strategies. You will also
be involved in new business development and operational leadership.
As a member of senior management, this individual will serve as a
mentor, and manager, and lead by example for all account teams on
client management, quality assurance, staff development, and
strategic guidance. If you have been waiting to discover a role
that allows you to be a catalyst in a thriving, meaningful
workplace, then Highwire might be just the place for you.Essential
- Media/Influencer Relations
- Strong relationships particularly with business, broadcast and
influencer media and ability to direct staff to develop the
- Strong grasp and creative use of social media channels to
engage and support efforts.
- Ongoing engagement of media for the agency (e.g. blog Q&A,
lunch talks, etc.)
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities.
- Experience with social media influencer engagement, content
campaigns, and media coverage amplification.
- Client Service/Management
- Deliver exemplary client service for specified clients.
- This will include: Developing and maintaining a strong working
relationship with the client who listens and values your
- Developing a strong working knowledge of your client's
business, their competitors and relevant industry bodies.
- Identifying key messages and audiences and developing strategic
- Delivering projects and campaigns on time and on budget.
- Understanding the financials of each account, the allocated
hours per month vs. actual fee and managing the accounts according
to the resulting servicing levels.
- Proactively communicating regularly with clients on the status
of deliverables and budget.
- Identify relevant opportunities to secure organic growth and
hit your revenue targets.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with appropriate
members of the media.
- Keep abreast of market trends, new technologies and client
- Own account management to ensure monthly client billing is
accurate, client expenses are recouped, and accounts are
- In addition to leading strategic planning efforts, fully
partake in the execution of the programs we develop, as determined
appropriate by account, including but not limited to
writing/editing, media relations, social media, digital
communications and crisis work.
- Be an ambassador for the agency.
- Writing Proficiencies
- Ability to generate a plan for a campaign or an entire PR
- Ability to generate and edit award submissions, press releases,
fact sheets, backgrounders, biographies, tour reports, briefing
books, contributed articles, speaking opportunity abstracts,
pitches, Q&As, company memorandum and general team
correspondence; also responsible for their production and
- Professional, articulate and timely client communication.
- Development of consistent, creative, successful
- At least 7 years of PR agency experience
- Record of high academic achievement with a good degree and
A-level results, particularly in English and/or Business
- Core consumer brand PR background with some knowledge of
corporate PR and crisis management
- Experience in running a reactive and proactive press office and
handling incoming press enquiries
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities
- Experience with social media influencer engagement, content
campaigns, and media coverage amplification
- Excellent publicity skills - a strong understanding of the
media, editorial requirements, and what 'makes' a story
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking
- A wide network of national consumers and businesses as well as
regional contacts across a broad spectrum of media
- Experience in delivering impactful PR campaigns from inception
through to delivery with a strong cuttings folder to prove it!
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally,
interfacing at all levels
- Superior people and communication skills, both verbal and
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Team player who works well under pressure
- Thrives in an environment of flexibility and changeHighwire
- Competitive salary
- Merit-based bonuses and promotions
- Hybrid work model to suit your schedule and lifestyle
- Excellent vacation policy including extended break for summer
and winter holiday
- Highwire offices close at 3pm every Friday
- 401K Match
- Medical and dental benefits/ FSA
- Paid Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefit
- Home office equipment stipend
- Curiosity Stipend of $100 annually for books, exhibitions,
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefit
- Donation Match
- Full-time writing Coach
- Monthly recognition programs
- Employee referral bonus
- New business referral bonus
- Quarterly Highwire fun events - Thanksgiving is our favorite
- Dog friendly work environment
- Extremely supportive, nurturing environment with many
opportunities for learning and growthThe duties delineated above
will vary depending on the needs of each specific account, and in
no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by this employee. This individual will be required to
follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties
requested by his or her supervisors.We are actively seeking
candidates who possess a genuine passion for tech PR and are
excited to expand our team. As we continue to grow our agency, we
are proactively building a pipeline of exceptional individuals to
connect with and consider for future opportunities. If you are
enthusiastic about the world of tech PR and are eager to embark on
a rewarding career in this field, we encourage you to start the
conversation by applying today. We value your interest in our
agency and look forward to hearing from you. Apply now and let's
explore the possibilities together! Job AlertIf you have been
targeted by a scammer, you can file a complaint with the Federal
Trade Commission . Highwire will not send recruiting-related emails
from any other email domain name or variation other than
@highwirepr.com. Highwire will never request your bank account,
credit card, or credit score as part of our application process. If
you receive a suspicious email not sent from a team member,
specifically at our @highwirepr.com email address, or if you
receive suspicious outreach on social media, please forward the
communication to so that we can review and flag the fraudulent
domain and user IDs for removal.
Keywords: Highwire Public Relations, Inc., Dallas , Public Relations Account Director (Enterprise/Cybersecurity), Executive , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!