Retail Sales Manager - New Store - Store 14
Company: Ulta Beauty
Posted on: June 15, 2019
The Retail Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for leading through
Employer's mission, vision, and values in order to develop a
high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales
growth within the mass category (including color cosmetics,
skincare, Sun care, bath, beauty tools, haircare, and the Employer
The RSM leads a team of Beauty Advisors and is accountable for all
aspects of the mass business, including sales, service, and
operational process. This leader drives his/her business through a
focus on performance (sales and in-store events), people (guest
service and associate training), and process (operating procedures
and compliance standards). This position requires a drive for
results, a passion for the beauty industry, exceptional guest
service, and the aptitude to learn and teach extensive product
knowledge. PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential
The RSM is a champion of Employer's mission, vision, and values,
and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the
following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Meet or exceed goals related to mass category sales, service,
and operational excellence.
- Plan and execute in-store events that deliver an unrivaled
guest experience while delivering on sales and payroll goals.
- Build a team that embodies the Employer brand by delivering
exceptional service and driving guest loyalty.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting
regularly, including store visit and audit results.
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that
leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow
the business. People
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Train, coach, and develop associates using company programs,
tools, and resources.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth
and engagement of associates.
- Establish professional brand partner relationships that foster
a shared interest in collaboratively delivering on sales and
- Promote a culture of service excellence amongst the leadership
team by sharing best practices, establishing priorities, and
providing support. Process
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with Employer
policies, procedures, and standards.
- Use the company's scheduling tool as directed to adjust
schedules and manage attendance in-the-moment during
manager-on-duty shifts to ensure accurate schedules and
- Use the company's task management tool as directed to
prioritize and execute store workload, including product and
marketing resets, pricing updates, inventory related tasks,
cleaning, and replenishment.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store
standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace
safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs
and influencing end-user adoption. Education
- Bachelor's degree is preferred Experience
- 2-3+ years of fast-paced, retail management, or other relevant
- Financial management: success with driving top-line sales,
interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and
- Retail management: proven ability with monitoring inventory
levels, achieving operational excellence, driving a service
culture, and executing merchandising directives
- Leadership management: experience with attracting, developing,
and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading
others through the change-curve, developing collaborative
relationships with others, and leading and influencing Skills
- Proficient with basic technology (eg, POS system, Microsoft
Office programs, and Apple devices)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous
situations, and be flexible/adaptable SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Work a flexible, Full time schedule to include days, evenings,
weekends, and holidays
- Attend offsite meetings (may require overnight travel) WORKING
- Continuous mobility throughout the store on a daily basis
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch on a daily basis
- Climb a ladder and maintain balance on a daily basis For
positions located in San Francisco: pursuant to the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Ulta Beauty, Dallas , Retail Sales Manager - New Store - Store 14, Executive , Terrell, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!