Director, Product Management
Company: Klein Tools
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Location: US-TX-MansfieldAddress: 1250 Heritage PkwyID: 2
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs
of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard
of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry.
We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The
Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Director, Product Management to be
located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Director, Product Management is responsible for leading a team
of Product Managers and the Product Management function of Klein
Tools, to include all new and existing product management. This
position is responsible for all aspects of product management
including sales, margins, suggested retail prices, distribution
prices, product portfolio and end of life. Product Management also
includes leadership of most new product development projects.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Direct and manage the product management team.
- Develop short- and long-range strategies for multiple product
lines to achieve strategic goals and maximize sale and profit
- Develop revenue and profit objectives for multiple product
- Adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and
competitive conditions; monitor competitive products and marketing
- Display leadership when working with cross-functional teams.
Inspire and motivate the cross-functional team and outside
- Ensure that product managers stay current with competitors and
market trends through interactions with sales people, distributors,
and end users through a variety of venues. Collect and maintain
- Conduct market research as necessary. Responsible for planning
and conducting in-depth marketing research when additional research
is needed, such as specific market studies, focus groups, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing team to coordinate all marketing
communications activity to communicate with outside customers (i.e.
branding, advertising, public relations, and packaging).
- Specify and maintain a system to identify delays or problems
during the development of new products in order to resolve issues
- Work to improve new product time-to-market and the process that
delivers those new products.
- Validate that product development projects follow the stage
gates of the new product development (NPD) process. Work with
others to improve the NPD process.
- Responsible for monthly reporting on current state of product
management and new product development including achievement to
corporate objectives. Publish monthly metrics on on-time
performance and other metrics as required.
- Plan and control the product management budget. Help to plan
the engineering product development budget.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering and seven
(7) years related work experience in product management, marketing,
and product design. MBA or extensive business experience and
experience in the hand tool industry is preferred.
Must possess knowledge working with large home improvement
retailers and electrical distributors. Must possess experience in
evaluating markets, market trends, and customer and sales feedback
to develop new product plans. Must possess knowledge in product
portfolio planning. Must possess knowledge in Product Development
Demonstrate strong planning, organizing and change management
capabilities. Demonstrate strong financial modeling and forecasting
skills. Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel,
Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
Ability to lead cross-functional product development teams. Ability
to demonstrated successful leadership experience - ability to
recruit, develop team members, and retain talent within the
organization. Ability to effectively communicate and present
information to team members, top management, customers and/or
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an
organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your
cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.
Keywords: Klein Tools, Dallas , Director, Product Management, Executive , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!