Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1802132
Company: Fidelity Investments
Location: Westlake, TX
Posted on: March 9, 2018
Duties: Performs analysis, design, development, customizations, and
implementations of Mainframe applications. Enhances and supports COBOL-
• Performs analysis of existing database infrastructure and use data
extraction capabilities of Optim and Discovery to facilitate test data
• Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going
• Designs applications or subsystems on major projects and for/in
• Develops applications for multiple projects supporting several
• Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to
• Assists in the planning and conducting of user acceptance testing.
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications
supporting several corporate initiatives.
• Responsible for post-installation testing of any problems.
• Establishes project plans for projects of moderate scope.
• Works on complex assignments and often multiple phases of a
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional analysis
for multiple projects supporting several initiatives.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems,
Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of
experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience designing,
developing, and maintaining IBM Mainframe technologies; Or, alternatively,
a Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science,
Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics,
Physics, or a closely related field and one (1) year of experience in the
job offered or one (1) year of experience designing, developing, and
maintaining IBM Mainframe technologies. Candidate must also possess:
Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) Expertise (“DE”) in mainframe application
architecture, design, and development using COBOL, REXX, JCL, Syncsort, and
DB2 with Microfocus Rumba; DE writing CICS transaction processing
applications in COBOL within a DB2 relational database management system
environment; DE performing data centric manipulation using VSAM and writing
interprocess communications across multiple platforms according to IBM MQ
series; DE performing change configuration management using Endevor and
scheduling jobs using Control M.
To apply, visit http://jobs.fidelity.com and search for Job Number 1802132.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Dallas, Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1802132, Finance, Westlake, TX, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!