Senior Database Administrator - 1804473
Company: Fidelity Investments
Location: Westlake, TX
Posted on: May 11, 2018
Duties: Implements and administers Oracle databases. Maintains user
security in Oracle. Performs database and server monitoring using OEM and
Crontab. Performs database performance analysis, capacity planning,
disaster recovery, system sizing, and ongoing maintenance/tuning to ensure
maximum performance on Oracle platform.
• Works with solution architect team to implement new versions and
• Creates and optimizes database packages, procedures, functions, and
• Creates and maintains standby databases.
• Documents design, operational procedures, and standards for complex
and business critical databases.
• Designs and tests recoverability for non-highly available
• Maintains technical implementations of operational procedures.
• Works directly with the user community for project definition.
• Identifies users and situations that may be hazardous to the
• Implements operational procedures to ensure network integrity,
physical protection, and authorized access to the network and applications.
• Assists in developing business cases to justify information
security architecture initiatives.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems,
Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of
experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience performing
Oracle database administration; Or, alternatively, a Master’s degree (or
foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information
Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related
field and one (1) year of experience in the job offered or one (1) year of
experience performing Oracle database administration. Candidate must also
possess: Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) performing Oracle database
replication and Cross-Platform Database Migration, using Golden Gate and
Data Guard, for mission critical asset management applications; DE testing
backup and recovery scenarios using RMAN utility and patching process for
Oracle 11g and 12c environments; DE performing query tuning of and
troubleshooting real-time mission critical database applications, using
Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c; reviewing SQL to identify bottlenecks; and
providing performance tuning and optimization recommendations based on
Oracle AWR, ASH, and SQLT reports and system diagnostics; DE in setup,
administration and configuration of Oracle Real Application Custer (RAC),
Data Guard, and Multi-Site Logical database replication, including Golden
To apply, visit http://jobs.fidelity.com and search for Job Number 1804473.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Dallas , Senior Database Administrator - 1804473, Finance , Westlake, TX, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!