Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1901223
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Westlake, TX
Posted on: February 8, 2019
Designs, develops, and implements SOAP web services within a Java
environment. Develops complex and multiple software applications using
Objected-oriented design and Spring framework. Develops applications in
public and private cloud environment.
• Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going
• Designs applications or subsystems on major projects and for/in
• Develops applications for multiple projects supporting several
• Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to
• Assists in the planning and conducting of user acceptance
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications
supporting several corporate initiatives.
• Responsible for post-installation testing of any problems.
• Establishes project plans for projects of moderate scope.
• Works on complex assignments and often multiple phases of a
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional
analysis for multiple projects supporting several initiatives.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science,
Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics,
Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in
the job offered or three (3) years of experience developing Java APIs
and SOAP/REST Web services within a financial services environment.
Or, alternatively, a Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent)
in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information
Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and one (1)
year of experience in the job offered or one (1) year of experience
developing Java APIs and SOAP/REST Web services within a financial
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) converting XML mainframe interface
subsystems to Java based SOAP and REST web services; and analyzing
security, authentication, and authorization programs for Account
Opening/Customer and Account Management of brokerage, IRA, and Health
• DE analyzing, monitoring, and resolving critical production
issues in multi-platform Java based applications, including fixing
production level defects, processing enhancement requests and
infrastructure setup/issues using WinScp andPutty.
• DE implementing industry architectural standards; developing
high performance web services, middle tier, and backend solutions in
brokerage and customer/account management domain; and designing and
AngularJS in WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, and Tomcat servers, according
to Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• DE implementing Synchronous bulk applications using MQ, Spring
Batch, Spring MVC, and ORM framework; and designing and developing
technical solutions to on-going development efforts across multiple
platforms using CI/CD, Git stash, Jenkins, Sonar, and Fortify analysis
for public and private cloud applications.
To apply, visit https://jobs.fidelity.com and search for job code:
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Dallas , Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1901223, Finance , Westlake, TX, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!