Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1901227
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Westlake, TX
Posted on: February 8, 2019
Performs all aspects of software development, including requirements
analysis, functional design, technical design, programming, unit
testing, system integration testing, user acceptance testing, and
software implementation -- within a Defined Contribution mainframe
application technology environment. Works with file formats for
External payroll providers, including custom formats (ADP G2 and
• Provides technical solutions and assists with the development of
strategies that address client needs for employee retirement plans,
payroll contributions, and 401(k) loan data.
• Reviews functional specifications.
• Creates detailed technical design and technical specifications
for large defined contribution and workplace investing applications.
• Conducts system and application analysis to proactively identify
and resolve application problems during development and/or support
• Develops batch applications based on input from large external
corporate clients and payroll providers.
• Participates in post implementation support and data validation.
• Proactively ensures data interface design meets performance,
usability, reliability, and scalability requirements.
• Conducts regression testing of the application at all phases of
the development process and reviews testing with external clients for
• Enforces development quality standards and best practices for
all supported components, including change management, release
management, and source code control.
• Develops test strategies, plans, and test cases for defined
contribution retirement plan projects.
• Responsible for the execution of test plans and cases created.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science,
Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics,
Physics, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, or a
closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the job
offered or three (3) years of experience in mainframe and batch
processing application architecture and development.
Or, alternatively, Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information
Systems, Mathematics, Physics, Business Administration, Computer
Information Systems, or a closely related field and one (1) year of
experience in the job offered or one (1) year of experience in mainframe
and batch processing application architecture and development.
Skills and Knowledge
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) developing defined contribution
applications in a COBOL, DB2, JCL, and VSAM batch environment using
Endevor version control, Control-M scheduling tool, and Syncsort and
File-Aid utility tools; conducting performance testing of mainframe
batch modules; performing data research and analysis by writing and
executing SQL queries against DB2 databases, using database tools --
Platinum, DB2, Spufi, and RDZ.
• DE designing, developing, and supporting software for defined
contribution and workplace investing functionalities including rules
based calculations according to Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Sprint
Planning, Retrospectives, and Backlog grooming) utilizing JIRA and
• DE designing, developing, and supporting file formats for
external payroll providers, including custom formats (ADP G2, and
Ceridian Dayforce) according to Agile methodologies.
• DE designing and evaluating proof of concepts to migrate
mainframe batch processing application functionalities from the
mainframe to Distributed AWS Cloud based processing applications.
To apply, visit https://jobs.fidelity.com and search for job code:
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Dallas , Senior Software Engineer/Developer - 1901227, Finance , Westlake, TX, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!