Principal Business Analyst - 1904556
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Westlake, TX
Posted on: April 19, 2019
Identifies and documents complex data, business requirements, and
use cases. Creates and maintains data mappings
to assist designing UI screens. Develops UAT plans and coordinates
testing efforts. Will provide analysis leadership on
complex systems analysis projects, often across subsystems and
companies, in an agile, cross matrix organization.
Consult with business users to develop recommendations that address
difficult and complex business needs and
• Leads and conducts interviews with business users to gather
requirements, and understands technology needs as
well as system and workflow challenges.
• Serves as a liaison between business and technology groups.
• Develops recommendations that address difficult and complex
business needs and opportunities.
• Performs data analysis with vendor and internal data.
• Provides assistance to business users, system partners, QA
testers and project team members.
• Establishes full project life cycle plans for complex systems
analysis projects, and defines project scope.
• Leads other analysts in the execution of documents on large and
complex projects and monitors the quality and
progress of documents created by other analysts.
• Coordinates user involvement throughout the project
• Leads and participates in the definition of test strategies.
• Communicates progress of multiple projects to management, engages
stakeholders on a regular basis, and
manages expectations of stakeholders.
• Serves as industry subject matter expert, and identifies other
subject matter experts who are the sources of
requirements for large and complex projects.
• Works with other teams to evolve standards and best practices for
systems analysis processes.
• Participates in incident/crisis management to assess business
impact, determine/facilitate any workarounds, in
concert with the production support organization.
• Advises on risk assessment and risk management strategies.
• Coaches and mentors junior analysts on systems analysis
techniques and business workflows.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer
Science, Engineering, Information Technology,
Information Systems, Engineering Management, Mathematics, Physics,
or a closely related field and five (5) years of
experience in the job offered or five (5) years of experience
performing systems and business analysis within a
financial services, asset management, operations or trading
Or, alternatively, Master’s degree (or foreign education
equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information
Technology, Information Systems, Engineering Management,
Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three
(3) years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of
experience performing systems and business analysis
within a financial services, asset management, operations or
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) performing data analysis and
analytics on financial transactional data using SQL, R
Studio, and Zeppelin; and structuring and framing analytic
approaches using Tableau to develop reports supporting
operational risk mitigation within an asset management
• DE applying business analysis methodologies (Agile and Waterfall)
to support project communication and
business risk management-- performing data modeling, data analysis,
process modeling, and use case modeling --
using Visio, SharePoint, and knowledge management systems -- Ribbit
• DE gathering and interpreting business, stakeholder, functional,
and technical requirements, analytical strategies,
and data transformations using Microsoft Office to support and
inform business decision making within a direct to
consumer financial services company, (finance, distribution,
products, marketing, sales, and service domain).
• DE in business analysis or systems analysis of the business
process of paying brokerage firms for financial
services through commission revenue using Soft Dollar.
To apply, visit https://jobs.fidelity.com and search job code:
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Dallas , Principal Business Analyst - 1904556, Finance , Westlake, TX, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!