Principal Software Engineer/Developer - 1906362
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Westlake, TX
Posted on: June 7, 2019
Develops the future state of product suites using Agile
methodologies. Works with business partners and product
owners to develop maintainable software solutions. Participates in
backlog grooming, planning sessions, daily scrums,
and retrospectives. Builds and maintains test automation
components. Translates the vision for divisional initiatives
into business solutions by developing complex or multiple software
applications and conducting studies of
alternatives. Analyzes and recommends changes in project
development policies, procedures, standards, and
strategies to development experts and management. Leads technical
forums with the team, ensure best practices are
reviewed and implemented within the team(s).
• Participates in architecture design teams.
• Defines and implements application level architecture.
• Develops applications on complex projects, components, and
subsystems for the division.
• Recommends development testing tools and methodologies and
reviews and validates test plans.
• Responsible for QA readiness of software deliverables.
• Develops comprehensive documentation for multiple applications or
• Establishes full project life cycle plans for complex projects
across multiple platforms.
• Responsible for meeting project goals on-time and on-budget.
• Advises on risk assessment and risk management strategies for
• Plans and coordinates project schedules and assignments for
• Acts as a primary liaison for business units to resolve various
• Provides technology solutions to daily issues and technical
evaluation estimates on technology initiatives.
• Advises senior management on technical strategy.
• Mentors junior team members.
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional
analysis for multiple projects supporting several
• Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer
Science, Engineering, Information Technology,
Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related
field and five (5) years of experience in the job offered
or five (5) years of experience developing Java based, web
Or, alternatively, Master’s degree (or foreign education
equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information
Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely
related field and three (3) years of experience in
the job offered or three (3) years of experience developing Java
based, web application solutions.
Skills and Knowledge:
Candidate must also possess:
• Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) designing and implementing Java 8
based enterprise applications and services
using RESTful Web Services, Spring Core, Spring Webflow, JBPM,
Hibernate, and Apache Tiles to deliver Shares
• DE mentoring a full-stack engineering team; developing Java and
J2EE applications and Web services; performing
Object-oriented design, using, MVC and Microservices design
patterns with Spring Boot framework, IDE toolset (Eclipse
or STS), Bitbucket/Stash repositories, and Maven dependency
manager; and performing continuous integration and
deployment using Jenkins for deployment on Linux Virtual
• DE designing, implementing, and maintaining complex Java
ORM frameworks; and developing Web services using JAX-WS, SOAP, XML
and WSDL, according to Agile
• DE developing Java services (SOAP and RESTful) and middle-tier
multithreading applications using Java, Spring,
Hibernate frameworks according to Agile methodologies; performing
application build, deploy, and support using
Continuous Integration (CI) tools -- Jenkins, Ant, and Maven;
performing configuration management utilizing SVN and
git stash; and performing Test-driven development using Unit/JUnit
testing techniques, Veracode, and SONAR.
To apply visit https://jobs.fidelity.com and search job code:
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Dallas , Principal Software Engineer/Developer - 1906362, Finance , Westlake, TX, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!