Registered Nurse I-Psych Srvs - Full Time
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and
discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work
directly with patients or use your talent to support our care,
you'll be part of a team that's providing valuable health services
to Dallas County residents. And here, you'll have the opportunity
to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance
in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a
substantial difference for our patients-and for you. We blend
cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and
hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of
America's Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provides care to assigned patient population in
accordance with established protocols and multidisciplinary plan of
care utilizing independent, dependent, and interdependent
interventions to restore stability, prevent complications, and
achieve and maintain optimal patient responses for all patients
through patient centered/patient valued care.
MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONS Education:
* Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
* Must have one year of experience as a registered nurse.
* Prefer experience in a behavioral health setting.
* Consideration will be given to a registered nurse who has worked
in a behavioral health setting as a case manager or rehabilitation
technician for two years.
* Must have current RN license or valid temporary permit with the
Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
* Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card
from one of the following:
* American Heart Association
* American Red Cross
* Military Training Network
* Must have SAMA certification, Level 1-4, or obtain it within 30
days of hire or placement into job.
* Must have SAMA certification before first clinical orientation
Skills or Special Abilities:
* Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with
the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area
* Applicants must pass Medication Examination prior to hospital
orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to
role must have current Medication Examination on file.
* Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members
as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient
centered/patient valued care.
* Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
* Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and
possess good oral and written communication skills.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families,
and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and
* May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead
paging system. - Must be able to demonstrate patient
centered/patient valued behaviors.
* Must be able to facilitate biopsychosocial education groups that
might include medication and/or health education.
* As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable
knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based
on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Keywords: Parkland, Dallas , Registered Nurse I-Psych Srvs - Full Time, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!