Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery - FT Night Shift - $5,000 S
Company: UT Southwestern Medical Center
Posted on: March 28, 2020
UT Southwestern Medical Center University Hospital Labor
At UT Southwestern Medical Center,our obstetricians, labor and
delivery nurses, and maternity nurses arededicated to providing the
best possible birth experience for women andfamilies. With advanced
training and years of experience, we provide compassionatecare for
mothers, babies, and their families throughout labor and delivery .
2000+/deliveries per yr, 16 LDRS/3 ORs, 5 prep & recovery
This position will work in a fast-paced environment andrequires a
minimum 1 year RN experience in Labor and Delivery. Hours for
fulltime are (3) three 12 hour shifts per week with rotating
weekends. BLSand NRP required.
Our staffing mix offers competitive nurse to patient ratiosand
Multiple Gold PACT pin winners, D Magazine Excellence in Nursing,
and DaisyAward Recipients. Our Labor and Delivery team is part of
the TexasAim program.
Come join our team!
We are looking for highlymotivated, detail oriented, energetic
employees to help bring smiles to ourpatient s faces! We offer
State Retirement and PAID Medical Benefits forFull Time
Experience and Education
Graduate of anapproved/accredited nursing program either by a
governmental authority, nursingboard, or a licensing authority
which has jurisdiction overapproval/accreditation of nursing
programs (Texas BON 217.1).
Must be able to read,write and communicate in English.
One (1) year of RNexperience. Specialty areas may have increased
experience requirements asdictated by unit or standard of care.
Minimum of 1 year RNexperience in Labor and delivery.
BLS and NRP required.ACLS preferred.
Current Texas (or BNECompact State) license.
Professional certification in a nursingorganization is
- Performs andaccurately documents physical, psychosocial, and
emotional assessments.All assessments take into consideration age
specific criteria (children,adolescents, adults and elder
- Actively anticipates patientsand/or patient's family needs and
expectations and utilizes these inconjunction with the assessment
to develop an appropriate plan of care forthe patient.
- Utilizes critical thinkingskills in planning and prioritizing
- Maintains and utilizescompetencies per unit expectation.
- Identifies and implementsappropriate nursing interventions
based on the completed assessment.
- Completes accurate and timelydocumentation of these
interventions. Active coordinator of theinterdisciplinary plan of
- Confers with all members of thehealth care team in a
- Shares information &observations of the patient and/or
patient's family in a manner thatadvocates for optimal patient
Appropriately prioritizes nursing interventions based upon
- Promptly identifies changes incondition as evidenced by nursing
assessment, labs, x-rays, etc.
- Reports changes, takesfollow-up action as appropriate.
- Actively involves patient,family and/or care-giver
- Evaluates implementedinterventions and modifies care according
to the evaluation.
- Documents interventions andmodifications to the plan of care in
an accurate and timely manner.
Adheres to appropriate hospital and/or Department of Nursing
policies,procedures, clinical pathways and nationally accepted
standards of nursingpractice.
- Incorporates ANA standards,into the provision of safe, quality
patient care, utilizing currentliterature, and research.
- Practices in accordance withour Professional Practice Model -
Relationship Based Care & deliverscare using our Care Delivery
System PACE - Patient Focused, Accountable,Coordinated and
Continuous and Evidence Based.
- Provides appropriate &timely answers and/or education to
patients, patient's families,significant others and/or
- Completes accurate and timelydocumentation of all education
provided including discharge plan of care.
- Assesses competence, obtainsfeedback/evaluation of
understanding from patient, family, significantothers and/or
- Demonstrates effectivecommunication based on individual patient
needs and learningpreferences.
Welcomes and orients patient, family, significant other and/or
caregiverto the unit.
- Encourages patient/familyparticipation in care.
- Reviews personalized patientplan of care with patient/family
- Updates white boardsaccordingly and sets daily goals with
- Explains special diets, tests,procedures and medications in
easily understood and appropriate language.
- Makes hourly rounds on patientsand communicates when they will
- Advocate for resources andsupport that enhance patient safety
and unit/hospital based initiatives.
- Participates in evaluating datato guide decisions regarding
unit / department budget formulation andimplementation.
- Performs Peer Evaluation toprovide constructive feedback to
peers regarding performance.
- Holds co-workers accountablefor their behavior and compliance
with policies and standards.
- Actively intervenes whenpatient safety is at risk.
Performance Improvement: Accountable for patient care and quality/
safetyinitiatives (EX: patient safety, patient satisfaction, core
measures, andinfection control).
- Supports efforts to develop andmaintain team environment.
- Participates in multidisciplinaryquality and practice
- Shares professional andtechnical information with colleagues &
- Offers self as a resource asneeded to others (Ex: preceptor,
charge, mentor, unit expert, lends a handwhen needed).
- Participates in meetings &on committees & represents the
dept. & hospital in communityoutreach.
- Perform other duties asassigned. Security
This position issecurity-sensitive and subject to Texas Education
Code 51.215, which authorizesUT Southwestern to obtain criminal
history record information
UT SouthwesternMedical Center is committed to an educational and
working environment thatprovides equal opportunity to all members
of the University community. Inaccordance with federal and state
law, the University prohibits unlawfuldiscrimination, including
harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion;national origin;
sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability;
geneticinformation; citizenship status; and protected veteran
status. In addition, itis UT Southwestern policy to prohibit
discrimination on the basis ofsexual orientation, gender identity,
or gender expression.
Associated topics: asn, coronary, hospice, neonatal, psychatric,
psychiatric, registed, staff nurse, tcu, unit
Keywords: UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas , Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery - FT Night Shift - $5,000 S, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!