Registered Nurse (RN) - 9 Blue Cardio/Tele - Full Time Day Shift - $5,
Company: UT Southwestern Medical Center
Posted on: March 28, 2020
UT Southwestern Medical Center University Hospital 9N
9N is a fast-paced, high acuity, inpatient unit specializing in
medical and surgical post-op care for cardiac patients.
9N is a Friendly Cardiology department whose staff includes a Unit
Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Manager, RN, PCT, Unit Secretaries,
Medical Doctor and Nurse Director.
This position will work in a fast-paced environment and requires 1-
2 years RN experience in Cardiac and/or Telemetry. Hours are full
time days, (3) three 12 hour shifts per week with rotating
weekends. BLS and ACLS required. PCCN or MSRN certification
Our staffing mix offers competitive nurse to patient ratios and is
known for zero CLABSI in over a year. Pilot unit for the American
College of Cardiology Patient Navigator Program.
Come join our team!
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education
Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal
history record information
Experience and Education
Graduate of an approved/accredited nursing program either by a
governmental authority, nursing board, or a licensing authority
which has jurisdiction over approval/accreditation of nursing
programs (Texas BON 217.1).
Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
One (1) year of RN experience.
Specialty areas may have increased experience requirements as
dictated by unit or standard of care.
Current Texas (or BNE Compact State) license, BSN preferred
Current BLS and ACLS required.
Professional certification in a nursing organization is
- Performs and accurately documents physical, psychosocial, and
emotional assessments. All assessments take into consideration age
specific criteria (children, adolescents, adults and elder
- Actively anticipates patients and/or patient's family needs and
expectations and utilizes these in conjunction with the assessment
to develop an appropriate plan of care for the patient.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills in planning and prioritizing
- Maintains and utilizes competencies per unit expectation.
Identifies and implements appropriate nursing interventions based
on the completed assessment.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation of these
- Active coordinator of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Confers with all members of the health care team in a
- Shares information & observations of the patient and/or
patient's family in a manner that advocates for optimal patient
- Appropriately prioritizes nursing interventions based upon
- Promptly identifies changes in condition as evidenced by
nursing assessment, labs, x-rays, etc.
- Reports changes, takes follow-up action as appropriate.
- Actively involves patient, family and/or care-giver
- Evaluates implemented interventions and modifies care according
to the evaluation.
- Documents interventions and modifications to the plan of care
in an accurate and timely manner.
Adheres to appropriate hospital and/or Department of Nursing
policies, procedures, clinical pathways and nationally accepted
standards of nursing practice.
- Incorporates ANA standards, into the provision of safe, quality
patient care, utilizing current literature, and research. Practices
in accordance with our Professional Practice Model - Relationship
Based Care & delivers care using our Care Delivery System PACE -
Patient Focused, Accountable, Coordinated and Continuous and
- Provides appropriate & timely answers and/or education to
patients, patient's families, significant others and/or
- Completes accurate and timely documentation of all education
provided including discharge plan of care. Assesses competence,
obtains feedback/evaluation of understanding from patient, family,
significant others and/or /caregivers.
- Demonstrates effective communication based on individual
patient needs and learning preferences.
- Welcomes and orients patient, family, significant other and/or
caregiver to the unit.
- Encourages patient/family participation in care.
- Reviews personalized patient plan of care with patient/family
- Updates white boards accordingly and sets daily goals with
- Explains special diets, tests, procedures and medications in
easily understood and appropriate language.
- Makes hourly rounds on patients and communicates when they will
- Advocate for resources and support that enhance patient safety
and unit/hospital based initiatives.
- Participates in evaluating data to guide decisions regarding
unit / department budget formulation and implementation.
- Performs Peer Evaluation to provide constructive feedback to
peers regarding performance.
- Holds co-workers accountable for their behavior and compliance
with policies and standards.
- Actively intervenes when patient safety is at risk.
- Performance Improvement: Accountable for patient care and
quality/ safety initiatives (EX: patient safety, patient
satisfaction, core measures, and infection control).
- Supports efforts to develop and maintain team environment.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and practice
- Shares professional and technical information with colleagues &
- Offers self as a resource as needed to others (Ex: preceptor,
charge, mentor, unit expert, lends a hand when needed).
- Participates in meetings & on committees & represents the dept.
& hospital in community outreach.
- Perform other duties as assigned.UT Southwestern Medical Center
is committed to an educational and working environment that
provides equal opportunity to all members of the University
community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University
prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the
basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including
sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information;
citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it
is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis
of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, coronary, intensive care,
maternal, registed, registered nurse, staff nurse, tcu,
Keywords: UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas , Registered Nurse (RN) - 9 Blue Cardio/Tele - Full Time Day Shift - $5,, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!