Registered Nurse (RN) - 8 North Telemetry/Pulmonary - Full Time Night
Company: UT Southwestern Medical Center
Posted on: July 1, 2020
8 NorthPulmonary / Telemetry Full Time Night Shift RN position.
Three 12 hour shiftsper week with rotating weekends. BLS card
required. ACLS preferred. Pulmonary,Cardiac, and Telemetry
This position issecurity-sensitive and subject to Texas Education
Code 51.215, which authorizesUT Southwestern to obtain criminal
history record information
Experience and Education
Graduate of anapproved/accredited nursing program either by a
governmental authority, nursingboard, or a licensing authority
which has jurisdiction overapproval/accreditation of nursing
programs (Texas BON 217.1).
Must be able to read,write and communicate in English.
One (1) year of RNexperience. Specialty areas may have increased
experience requirements asdictated by unit or standard of care.
Current Basic LifeSupport (BLS) accredited through the American
Current Advanced CardiacLife Support (ACLS) accredited through the
American Heart Association.
Current Texas (or BNECompact State) license, BSN preferred.
Professional certification in a nursingorganization is
- Performs and accurately documents physical,psychosocial, and
emotional assessments. All assessments take intoconsideration age
specific criteria (children, adolescents, adults andelder
- Actively anticipates patient's and/or patient's familyneeds and
expectations and utilizes these in conjunction with theassessment
to develop an appropriate plan of care for the patient.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills in planning andprioritizing
- Maintains and utilizes competencies per unitexpectation.
- Identifies and implements appropriate nursinginterventions
based on the completed assessment.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation of
- Active coordinator of the interdisciplinary plan ofcare.
- Confers with all members of the health care team in
- Shares information & observations of the patientand/or
patient's family in a manner that advocates for optimal
- Appropriately prioritizes nursing interventions basedupon
- Promptly identifies changes in condition as evidencedby nursing
assessment, labs, x-rays, etc.
- Reports changes, takes follow-up action as appropriate.
- Actively involves patient, family and/or
- Evaluates implemented interventions and modifies careaccording
to the evaluation.
- Documents interventions and modifications to the planof care in
an accurate and timely manner.
- Adheres to appropriate hospital and/or Department ofNursing
policies, procedures, clinical pathways and nationally
acceptedstandards of nursing practice.
- Incorporates ANA standards, into the provision of safe,quality
patient care, utilizing current literature, and research.
- Practices in accordance with our Professional PracticeModel -
Relationship Based Care & delivers care using our CareDelivery
System PACE - Patient Focused, Accountable, Coordinated
andContinuous and Evidence Based.
- Provides appropriate & timely answers and/oreducation to
patients, patient's families, significant others
- Completes accurate and timely documentation of alleducation
provided including discharge plan of care.
- Assesses competence, obtains feedback/evaluation
ofunderstanding from patient, family, significant others and/or
- Demonstrates effective communication based onindividual patient
needs and learning preferences.
Welcomes and orients patient, family, significant other and/or
caregiverto the unit.
- Encourages patient/family participation in care.
- Reviews personalized patient plan of care withpatient/family
- Updates white boards accordingly and sets daily goalswith
- Explains special diets, tests, procedures andmedications in
easily understood and appropriate language.
- Makes hourly rounds on patients and communicates whenthey will
- Advocate for resources and support that enhance patientsafety
and unit/hospital based initiatives.
- Participates in evaluating data to guide decisionsregarding
unit / department budget formulation and implementation.
- Performs Peer Evaluation to provide constructivefeedback to
peers regarding performance.
- Holds co-workers accountable for their behavior andcompliance
with policies and standards.
- Actively intervenes when patient safety is atrisk.
Performance Improvement: Accountable for patient care and quality/
safetyinitiatives (EX: patient safety, patient satisfaction, core
measures, andinfection control).
- Supports efforts to develop and maintain teamenvironment.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and
- Shares professional and technical information withcolleagues &
- Offers self as a resource as needed to others (Ex:preceptor,
charge, mentor, unit expert, lends a hand when needed).
- Participates in meetings & on committees &represents the
dept. & hospital in community outreach.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Job Preferences
Pulmonary, Cardiac, and Telemetry experiencepreferred.
Hours: Three 12 hourshifts per week with rotating weekends.
UT SouthwesternMedical Center is committed to an educational and
working environment thatprovides equal opportunity to all members
of the University community. Inaccordance with federal and state
law, the University prohibits unlawfuldiscrimination, including
harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion;national origin;
sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability;
geneticinformation; citizenship status; and protected veteran
status. In addition, itis UT Southwestern policy to prohibit
discrimination on the basis ofsexual orientation, gender identity,
or gender expression.
Associated topics: care, care unit, ccu, hospice, neonatal, nurse
rn, psychiatric, registed, surgical, unit
Keywords: UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas , Registered Nurse (RN) - 8 North Telemetry/Pulmonary - Full Time Night, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!