Operating Room Registered Nurse
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Ophthalmology Surgery Center of Dallas opened in 2010 and
features eight operating rooms specializing in ophthalmology.
Averaging 1100 cases a month we thrive on excellent patient care
and efficiency. We received AAAHC commended status in 2014 and are
the second busiest surgery center in the nation according to CMS
data. Ophthalmology Surgery Center of Dallas is located in North
Dallas off of Central Expressway near Royal lane.
Flexible Hours - choose from the following shifts:
3 - 12 Hour days
4 - 10 Hour days
5 - 8 Hour days
- Generous Paid Time Off including 8 paid holidays
- Maternity/paternity /adoption benefits
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance
- Employer-paid life and short and long term disability
- Optional employee-paid insurances
- Excellent 401(k) Plan
- Employee appreciation - paid time off for birthdays, shift
differential after 4 pm, lunches for the employees, recognition and
employee appreication gifts
- No holidays, weekends, nights or call
The primary responsibility of this position is to:
- Provides nursing care to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Directs and assists in carrying out safe aseptic & sterile
techniques and procedures.
- To perform various tasks as an OR circulator.
- Assumes responsibility that the OR is prepared room for the
patient and procedure.
- Assist in transporting patient to O.R. and checks patient
record for a appropriate pre-op preparation and procedures.
- Verifies that appropriate surgical prep is completed.
- Completes documentation for O.R. records, laboratory
requisitions, and patient chart including medications and physician
- Supervises and assists with the proper, safe positioning of the
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts and
documentation of sa me.
- Takes ownership for all surgical specimens properly.
- Secures emergency equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provides assistance to teammates, surgeons, and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills that promote safe patient care.
- Associate's or Bachelors degree in Nursing-graduate of an
accredited Nursing program
- Texas RN License required
- BLS, ACLS and PALS certified (or willing to be certified within
6 months of hire)
- Operating Room Experience Required
- Circulating experience a must
- Multi-specialty surgical experience required
- ASC or hospital experience necessary
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP, #RegisteredNurse, #HealthcareJobs, #NurseJobs, #MedicalJobs,
#Healthcare, #NurseLife, #RNJobs, #Health, #SCA,
#SurgicalCareAffiliates, #ASC, #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Dallas , Operating Room Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!