Research Assistant II- Internal Medicine- Hypothalamic Research
Company: UT Southwestern Medical Center
Posted on: September 17, 2020
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises assigned research projects,
which may be limited as segment of larger project, exercising
responsibility for project performance and accountability for
progress; and/or personally performs advanced scientific and
medical research work, suggesting modifications to, or improvements
in, design of research projects, presenting original ideas for
follow-up studies, and recommending utilization of new or revised
techniques and procedures to obtain desired results.
- Constructs, assembles, and operates experimental or other
special designed laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Assembles and analyzes research data.
- Assists in preparation of research material for reports or
- May supervise group of Research Technicians and/or Research
Assistants of lower grade, making work assignments, advising on
work procedures and reviewing work in process and upon
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Master's degree with major coursework in field of assignment
and one (1) year experience as Research Assistant I or
- Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment
and two (2) years experience to include one (1) year as Research
Assistant I or equivalent.
- Completion of two (2) years of college or specialized training
in histology, serology, medical technology, etc. and five (5) years
experience to include one (1) year as Research Assistant I or
- High school graduation with courses in basic sciences and seven
(7) years experience to include one (1) year as Research Assistant
I or equivalent Salary Salary Negotiable Security This position is
security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215,
which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and
working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members
of the University community. In accordance with federal and state
law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including
harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national
origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic
information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In
addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination
on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender
expression. Associated topics: clinical, cytometry, diet, dietetic,
histology, immunology, microbiology, nutrition, therapy,
Keywords: UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas , Research Assistant II- Internal Medicine- Hypothalamic Research, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!