Operating Room Seasonal RN PRN
Company: Medical City Dallas
Posted on: September 17, 2020
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Medical City Dallas
RN - Registered Nurse - Operating Room
Seasonal PRN Program Runs 8/16/2020 through 4/24//2021
$57.00/hour base pay
$4,000.00 Completion Bonus
18 week Commitment
Weekend and Holiday Requirement
12-hour schedules, Minimum 36 hrs/wk and minimum of 72 hrs a pay
* Completion bonus to be paid after the successful completion of 18
consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift
requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus
will be paid per 36-week season.
* All seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per
pay period during the seasonal period.
* Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another
facility that has an emergent staffing need.
* Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule
* During the course of the 18 week period, the employee is required
to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or
* Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first
call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
* Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k)
and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
* Registered Nurses who are in the Seasonal program will have one
opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
* Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are seeking an Operating Room RN for our center to ensure that
we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient
care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other
and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient
care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The Surgical Services / Surgery - OR Registered Nurse performs
direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse
Practice Act, with emphasis on the Peri-operative Patients/Surgical
Services, 34 OR Suites (Includes Open Heart) that handles adult and
* Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
* Maintain a safe and therapeutic OR and pre-surgical area
* Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with
emphasis on the needs of individual OR patients
* Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
* Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others
to make informed choices regarding health care
* Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver
* Participate in Surgical Services specific initiatives and process
* Promote a supportive OR environment
* Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants,
vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses and/or nurse
* Maintain high quality (age specific) care for adolescent, adult
and geriatric patients as assigned
* Support the mission, vision and values of the organization
Founded in 1974, Medical City Dallas is recognized for its
state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in
patient care. Offering nearly 100 specialties, we are conveniently
located in the heart of North Dallas at Forest Lane and Central
Expressway (US 75), just 15 minutes from downtown Dallas and a
short drive from North Dallas suburbs. We operate as a 876-bed
tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through
our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference. Our staff
is passionate about their work and committed to providing excellent
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
* BSN Required within 24 month of hire
* Must not have allowed one year to lapse since graduation without
* Surgical experience required unless internship attendee
* Current Texas RN License or valid compact license
* Current BLS provider, issued by American Heart Association
* 2 years OR RN experience
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Medical City Dallas, Dallas , Operating Room Seasonal RN PRN, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!