Adv Practice Provider II-Hospitalist
Company: Parkland Health and Hospital System
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It s our
PRIMARY PURPOSE Responsible for providing health care for patients
in designated primary or specialty area, including patient
diagnoses, treatment, education and referrals. Serves as a resource
and role model for clinical practice, training, evaluation and
direct management of practitioners and students in all areas
encompassed by the service line to ensure optimal patient care
quality. Assist leadership in assessing, planning, organizing, and
implementing designated advanced practice provider activities.
Physician Assistant: - Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college
or university and successful completion of an accredited Physician
Assistant Program recognized by the Accreditation Review
Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN):
- Master's Degree in Nursing accredited through the Commission on
Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission
for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
- 3 plus years of clinical experience as an Advanced Practice
Provider (APP) performing the same or similar job duties. OR
- 5 plus years of clinical experience as an Advanced Practice
Provider (APP) in any field.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- Current employees hired at Parkland before 3/1/2014, may have an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card
from one of the following:
* American Heart Association
* American Red Cross
* Military Training Network
- Must meet and maintain licensing and registration requirements as
delineated by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Medical Staff Rules and
Regulations, and Credentialing Policies/Procedures.
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and
must be maintained throughout employment.
- Current, valid Physician Assistant licensure from the Texas Board
of Physician Assistants.
- Current certification as a Physician Assistant by the National
Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse:
- Current RN licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid
Compact RN license.
- Current licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing as an Advanced
Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with authorization to practice as
a Family, Adult, Gerontology, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care,
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner,
Pediatric, Neonatal, Psychiatric Mental Health or Women's Health
Must have active certification as Nurse Practitioner by one of the
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) by American Nurses Credentialing
Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
Certification Program (AANPCP) OR-
- Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP) by ANCC or AANPCP OR -
- Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (GNP) by ANCC or AANPCP OR -
- Adult-Gerontology-Primary Care Nurse Practitioner by ANCC or
- Adult-Gerontology-Acute Care Nurse Practitioner by ANCC or
American Association of Critical-Care Nurses Certification
Corporation (AACNCC) OR-
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) by ANCC or AACNCC OR-
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner,
Primary Care (PNP-PC or PPCNP) by Pediatric Nursing Certification
Board (PNCB) or ANCC OR-
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Acute Care (PNP-AC) by PNCB OR-
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) by NCC OR -
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) by ANCC OR
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (WHCNP) by National
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with
the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act or Texas Medical
Board Rules, as applicable to licensure, established protocols,
multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific
- Must demonstrate leadership ability through both superior
clinical skills and as a practice development resource.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have effective leadership skills to include motivation,
recruitment, retention, and change management.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of Parkland policies, structure,
procedures, and mission.
- Must demonstrate patient centered behaviors.
PARKLAND HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEM PROHIBITS DISCRIMINATION BASED
ON AGE (40 OR OVER), RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX (INCLUDING
PREGNANCY), SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION,
GENETIC INFORMATION, DISABILITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL STATUS,
POLITICAL BELIEF, OR VETERAN STATUS.
Keywords: Parkland Health and Hospital System, Dallas , Adv Practice Provider II-Hospitalist, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!