LVN - Clinic
Company: Parkland Health and Hospital System
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It s our
Responsible for providing total nursing care for assigned patients,
under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, in order to ensure
Education and/or Licensure:
* Must be a graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing
and/or licensed by the Texas Board of Nursing as a Licensed
Vocational Nurse; or have a valid Compact LVN License.
* Non-Waived Point of Care Testing -Individuals who perform
non-waived POCT must have a high school diploma, General
Equivalency Diploma (GED) or a college degree.
* Foreign education must be evaluated for equivalence to United
States education standards by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
Services (CMS) or Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA)
or COLA authorized credentialing agency.
* A copy of the high school diploma, GED, college degree/transcript
or foreign education equivalence report will be required at time of
hire or placement in job.
Equivalent Experience: -None.
* Must have current, valid LVN license or temporary LVN license
from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact LVN license.
* Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card
from one of the following:
* o American Heart Association
* o American Red Cross Rescuer
* o Military Training Network.
* Must have and maintain Texas Department of Health State Services
Vision Screening program certification as a vision screener or must
obtain within 90 days of placement in role and maintain
* Must have and maintain Texas Department of Health Services Texas
Radiation Control Act registration to use audiometric equipment or
must obtain within 90 days of placement in role and maintain
* May be required to obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
certification during initial orientation.
Skills or Special Abilities:
* Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with
the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care and clinical area
* Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff,
management, patient, and families.
* Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued
* Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of appropriate nursing
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based
on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Keywords: Parkland Health and Hospital System, Dallas , LVN - Clinic, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!