Registered Nurse (RN) - 12 Orange Medical Surgical - Full Time Night S
Company: UT Southwestern Medical Center
Posted on: November 23, 2020
UTSW is excited to announce The $480 million, 12-story tower
that will add operating rooms and an expanded Emergency Department
to the existing 460-bed Clements University Hospital and become the
inpatient home to the Peter O Donnell Jr. Brain Institute . It will
also increase the number of inpatient rooms, allowing consolidation
of patients now treated at Zale Lipshy University Hospital, all
under the Clements roof.
This new 12-story tower will allow us to bring together all of our
University inpatient services in one location on the UT
Southwestern campus. It will allow health professionals to work
more closely together as they care for patients.
12 Orange is a high acuity General Medical Surgical department. We
are interested in nurses with experience caring for a diverse
population and a desire to develop professionally and
UT Southwestern provides a competitive and comprehensive benefit
package to all employees. Full time employees are offered medical
coverage at no cost. We offer low cost premiums for dental and
The Teacher Retirement System of Texas is a defined benefit plan
with 5-year vesting with a Contribution Match up to 7.5% of salary.
15 Paid Holidays. Tuition Reimbursement Program
Come Join Our Team!
Experience and Education
Graduate of an approved/accredited nursing program either by a
governmental authority, nursing board, or a licensing authority
which has jurisdiction over approval/accreditation of nursing
programs (Texas BON 217.1).
Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
One (1) year of RN experience, including one year of Med/Surg
experience. Specialty areas may have increased experience
requirements as dictated by unit or standard of care.
Current Texas (or BNE Compact State) license, BSN preferred
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification accredited through
American Heart Association.
Professional certification in a nursing organization is
- Performs and accurately documents physical, psychosocial, and
emotional assessments. All assessments take into consideration age
specific criteria (children, adolescents, adults and elder
Actively anticipates patients and/or patient's family needs and
expectations and utilizes these in conjunction with the assessment
to develop an appropriate plan of care for the patient.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills in planning and prioritizing
- Maintains and utilizes competencies per unit expectation.
Identifies and implements appropriate nursing interventions based
on the completed assessment.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation of these
- Active coordinator of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Confers with all members of the health care team in a
- Shares information & observations of the patient and/or
patient's family in a manner that advocates for optimal patient
Appropriately prioritizes nursing interventions based upon
- Promptly identifies changes in condition as evidenced by
nursing assessment, labs, x-rays, etc.
- Reports changes, takes follow-up action as appropriate.
- Actively involves patient, family and/or care-giver
Evaluates implemented interventions and modifies care according to
the evaluation. Documents interventions and modifications to the
plan of care in an accurate and timely manner.
Adheres to appropriate hospital and/or Department of Nursing
policies, procedures, clinical pathways and nationally accepted
standards of nursing practice. Incorporates ANA standards, into the
provision of safe, quality patient care, utilizing current
literature, and research.
- Practices in accordance with our Professional Practice Model -
Relationship Based Care & delivers care using our Care Delivery
System PACE - Patient Focused, Accountable, Coordinated and
Continuous and Evidence Based.
Provides appropriate & timely answers and/or education to patients,
patient's families, significant others and/or caregivers.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation of all education
provided including discharge plan of care.
- Assesses competence, obtains feedback/evaluation of
understanding from patient, family, significant others and/or
- Demonstrates effective communication based on individual
patient needs and learning preferences.
Welcomes and orients patient, family, significant other and/or
caregiver to the unit.
- Encourages patient/family participation in care.
- Reviews personalized patient plan of care with patient/family
- Updates white boards accordingly and sets daily goals with
- Explains special diets, tests, procedures and medications in
easily understood and appropriate language.
- Makes hourly rounds on patients and communicates when they will
Advocate for resources and support that enhance patient safety and
unit/hospital based initiatives.
- Participates in evaluating data to guide decisions regarding
unit / department budget formulation and implementation.
Performs Peer Evaluation to provide constructive feedback to peers
- Holds co-workers accountable for their behavior and compliance
with policies and standards.
- Actively intervenes when patient safety is at risk.
Performance Improvement: Accountable for patient care and quality/
safety initiatives (EX: patient safety, patient satisfaction, core
measures, and infection control). Supports efforts to develop and
maintain team environment.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and practice
Shares professional and technical information with colleagues &
- Offers self as a resource as needed to others (Ex: preceptor,
charge, mentor, unit expert, lends a hand when needed).
- Participates in meetings & on committees & represents the dept.
& hospital in community outreach. **Other Duties: Performs other
duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education
Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal
history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and
working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members
of the University community. In accordance with federal and state
law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including
harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national
origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic
information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In
addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination
on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care unit, coronary,
intensive care unit, maternal, recovery, staff nurse, surgery,
Keywords: UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas , Registered Nurse (RN) - 12 Orange Medical Surgical - Full Time Night S, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!