Patient Care Technician - 12 Green Medical Surgical - Day Shift (36 ho
Company: UT Southwestern Medical Center
Posted on: November 24, 2020
12 Green is a highacuity General Medical Surgical department. We
are one of 3 designatedhospitalist floors at UT Southwestern
Medical Center. We areinterested in nurses with experience caring
for a diverse population and adesire to develop professionally and
personally. Come Join Our Team!
Experience and Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Working knowledge of basic computer software skills.
- Must have one year acute care inpatient hospital experience OR
a certified nursing assistant certificate OR certified medical
assistant certificate OR completed the first semester of nursing
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course
accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Must achieve validation of required core competencies and
training within 6 months of employment. Job Duties
- Provide patient care under the direction of nursing staff being
certain to only perform tasks in which training and/or competency
has been validated.
- Collect, monitor, and document pertinent data relating to
patient fuctioning and care to include but not limited to: intake
and output, weight, temperature, pulse, respirations, and blood
pressure. Recognizes and immediately reports values outside normal
parameters to the nurse.
- Perform patient rounding being sure to report any changes in a
patient's condition or behavior immediately to the nurse. Seeks
assistance and guidance as needed to ensure that patient care is
delivered in a safe, high quality and effective manner at all
- Assess, identify, and monitor environmental, patient, and the
patient's family needs in a respectful, positive, and timely manner
to achieve satisfaction.
- Perform basic hygiene care in accordance with the Department of
Nursing policies, procedures and unit standards to include but not
limited to pericare, oral care, daily hygiene, linen changes, skin
changes, and foley care .
- Transfer and transport patients in accordance with policies and
procedures with specific consideration to age-specific and safety
- Resolve patient concerns by initiating service recovery and
immediately escalating patient, family, visitors and staff concerns
through the chain of command.
- Build meaning and sustainable relationships of trust through
open and interactive communication with members of the healthcare
- Prepare, update, and disseminate reports at the change of shift
and when changes are noted in the patient's condition.
- Support the administrative and clinical operations of assigned
- Orient new staff and students to work areas. Collaborates with
other nursing staff and hospital employees to create an environment
that is conducive to the retention of qualified personnel.
- Utilize downtime to assist others and/or to provide additional
supportive measures to patients and/or patients families within the
respective patient care environment. Completes other duties as
assigned. Performs in the role of sitter as needed, documents as
- Maintain current compliance with ongoing annual education
requirements (modules, classes and competencies).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Security This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas
Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain
criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and
working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members
of the University community. In accordance with federal and state
law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including
harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national
origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic
information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In
addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination
on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender
expression. Associated topics: care technician, caregiver, clinical
assistant, crma, elderly, gmc, nac, nursing assistant, patient care
Keywords: UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas , Patient Care Technician - 12 Green Medical Surgical - Day Shift (36 ho, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!