RN Clinical Educator/Cardiac Life Support Instructor - Nursing Educati
Company: UT Southwestern Medical Center
Posted on: November 23, 2020
RN Clinical Educator - Nursing Education - PRN Day Shift
Thisposition is for a clinical educator to teach Basic Life Support
and AdvancedLife Support in-person classes and other duties as
assigned related to theResuscitation program. Must have a MSN and
be a BLS andACLS instructor.
Experience and Education
- Graduate of accredited school of professional nursing and
minimum five (5) years of education experience required.
- Registered Nurse with Texas Board of Nursing
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course accredited by
the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Preferred BSN
- one (1) year education experience and ACLS.
- Evaluates competence of newly-hired staff, sets plans for their
immediate educational needs and follows up as needed.
- Develops and implements education plan for each assigned unit,
- Identifies educational needs of staff, as they relate to
changes in service, equipment, technique or other issues.
Implements programs to meet those needs. Utilizes variety of
presentation styles. Adheres to adult learning principles.
- Provides on-unit instruction and guidance for nursing staff on
assigned units, with particular concern for newly hired staff and
for nurse interns.
- Participates in interview and selection of nurse interns and
- Identifies house-wide education needs, plans to meet them, and
implements those plans, which includes CPR and ACLS, as well as new
- Welcomes students, orients them to assigned areas and assists
with identification of resources for them and for their
- Shows vigilance regarding patient safety, and works with unit
manager, patient safety officer and other educators to identify any
safety issues. Participates in plans for their resolution and
- Maintains professional skill base appropriate to assigned
areas, including age-specific skills.
- Updates knowledge base regarding regulatory requirements,
especially JCAHO, as they relate to assigned areas. Participates in
plans for staff to meet those expectations.
- Maintains all needed records regarding CEU programs, for each
- Performs other duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Security This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas
Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain
criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and
working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members
of the University community. In accordance with federal and state
law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including
harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national
origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic
information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In
addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination
on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender
expression. Associated topics: asn, bsn, cardiothoracic, ccu,
coronary, hospice, intensive care, maternal, neonatal, unit
Keywords: UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas , RN Clinical Educator/Cardiac Life Support Instructor - Nursing Educati, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!