Registered Nurse I Labor & Delivery
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our
passion.----Primary PurposeProvides care to assigned patient
population in accordance with established protocols and
multidisciplinary plan of care utilizing independent, dependent,
and interdependent interventions to restore stability, prevent
complications, and achieve and maintain optimal patient responses
for all patients through patient centered/patient valued
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of
- Must have two years of Labor & Delivery experience; OR
- Must have successfully completed Parkland's Labor & Delivery
Registered Nurse Residency Program or Parkland's Labor & Delivery
Registered Nurse Fellowship
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license
from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion
card from one of the following:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- --Military Training Network.
- --Must have Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
upon hire or obtain within 90 days of placement in role.
- Current employees must obtain certification by March 20, 2018
(six months from revision date of September 27, 2017).
- Must have current American Heart Association ACLS course
completion card upon hire or obtain within 90 days of placement in
role. Current employees must obtain ACLS course completion card by
February 15, 2020 (six months from revision date of August 14,
- May be required to have additional specialty
- External experienced RNs must pass (80% or above) Clinical
Education's assigned challenge exam(s).
- Internal experienced RNs changing specialties must pass (80% or
above) Clinical Education's assigned challenge exam(s).--Skills or
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance
with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team
members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates
patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and
possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients,
families, and hospital staff in accordance with established
policies and procedures.
- May be required to communicate effectively via the overhead
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to
non-nursing staff and serve as a preceptor.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable
knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care
area.--Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination
based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Keywords: Parkland, Dallas , Registered Nurse I Labor & Delivery, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!