Senior Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room $10, 000 Hiring Incentive
Company: Parkland Health and Hospital System
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our
PRIMARY PURPOSEProvides care to assigned patient population in
accordance with established protocols and multidisciplinary plan of
care utilizing independent, dependent, and interdependent
interventions to restore stability, prevent complications, and
achieve and maintain optimal patient responses for all patients
through patient centered/patient valued care.
SCHEDULE: Night 7P - 7A
- Medical - Active Day 1 of hire
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- And more!
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of
- Must have two years of Emergency Room nursing experience.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license
from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion
card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o
American Red Cross o Military Training Network
- Must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and
- Must have Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency
Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC)
- Must have TNCC (Must have Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) or
Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses (ATCN) or obtain within 6 months of
hire and maintain thereafter.
- External experienced RNs must pass (80% or above) Clinical
Education's assigned challenge exam(s).
- Internal experienced RNs changing specialties must pass (80% or
above) Clinical Education's assigned challenge exam(s).
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance
with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team
members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates
patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and
possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients,
families, and hospital staff in accordance with established
policies and procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to
non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a
- Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable
knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based
on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Keywords: Parkland Health and Hospital System, Dallas , Senior Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Room $10, 000 Hiring Incentive, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!