Health Unit Coordinator - NIGHTS
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Health Unit Coordinator performs clerical duties
and coordinates communication of a unit to support patient care
activities.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs clerical duties necessary to support patient care
activities. Initiates, assembles and maintains patient charts in
accordance with established procedures. Files reports and test
- Processes ordered tests, medications, procedures and
appointments. Processes patient admissions, transfers and
discharges. Informs team members of reports, orders and other
- Answers telephones and manages the patient call system. Serves
as an information resource to patients, staff and public
consistently interacting appropriately with all ages.
- Completes and maintains unit and patient records, files, forms
and documents related to work area management and patient care to
include admissions, surgeries, transfers, discharges, medical
records and physician call list. Maintains organized work area of
records, files, forms, and reference documents. Checks, updates and
maintains facility boards, pneumatic tube system and telemetry box
reconciliation according to departmental policy, procedures and/or
- Prepares reports, purchase orders, projects, memos and letters
using computer programs.
- Greets visitors and assists them as needed. Answers telephones
and contacts professional and non-professional nursing personnel
and medical staff using pagers, beepers and cell phones. Tracks
call light response time for the unit. Assigns phone and location
devices to appropriate staff.
- Perform work area support duties as directed by the nurse or
physician. Runs errands, picks up supplies and transports
- Maintains par levels of inventory including requisitions/forms
and stocks work area supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a clean, safe and functional work area.
- Coordinates transportation for patients and patient items as
delegated.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Excellent bedside manner and ability to make patients feel at
ease; appears friendly, reassuring and approachable to
- Ability to take instruction from a doctor.
- Familiarity with medical charts and records.
- High attention to detail.
- Knowledge of basic computer and keyboard skills.
- Completion of Health Unit Coordinator Training Program
preferred.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package includes the
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION: -H.S.
Diploma/GED EquivalentEXPERIENCE: -Less than 1 Year of
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas , Health Unit Coordinator - NIGHTS, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!