Audits & QI Coordinator, Medical Billing
Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Patient Coverage Area: The position can sit at the Hattiesburg,
MS Regional corporate office, the Dallas, TX corporate office, or a
branch with available space. Encompass Health's home health &
hospice services are now Enhabit Home Health & Hospice. We remain
committed to delivering a better way to care for our patients and
their loved ones, helping them achieve their specific care goals in
the comfort and safety of their own homes. As one of the largest
Medicare-certified home health and hospice providers in the nation,
we continue to set the industry standard for superior home-based
care. Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm The audits and
quality improvement (QI) coordinator is responsible for the end of
episode billing and reimbursement functions. This position works
closely with the audits and QI team and other back office staff to
ensure billing submissions are completed timely and accurately in
order to keep the unbilled percentage below 10% of total revenue.
- Perform end of episode claim audits for Medicare patient, per
- Perform quality face-to-face (F2F) reviews for new
- Perform quality assurance (QA) audits as directed.
- Follow up on open billing issues, as identified, within two
- Update incorrect OASIS for key field corrections discovered
during billing audit.
- Complete daily follow up for previous billing periods of
incoming and received items that clear the claim to be billed and
notify the home office billing department.
- Utilize only the necessary data analytics reports in tableau to
complete audit tasks timely and efficiently; front end audit and
review claims demonstration tracker.
- Enter clear and precise held claim notes so the branch can
complete corrections within seven days.
- Assist branch employees with follow up on all outstanding
claims greater than 90 days.
- Manage billing responsibilities in order to keep unbilled at
10% or less of total branch revenue. Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years experience with Medicare or related billing functions
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Must be well organized and able to manage time
- Must work well with minimal supervision and have strong work
Keywords: Encompass Health, Dallas , Audits & QI Coordinator, Medical Billing, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!