Staff Physical Therapist
Company: Cantex Continuing Care Network
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Cantex. We
are committed to a culture that respects our differences and values
the contributions of all people. FACILITY OVERVIEW:A bright, lively
community that cares for youLocated near the Medical Center of
Lancaster, Windsor Gardens is a 150-bed skilled nursing facility
and rehabilitation center staffed by clinical professionals with
extensive experience providing care. We are seeking a full-time
Physical Therapist for our in-house rehabilitation program!
- Screens, evaluates, and treats Patients.
- Evaluates Patient within one working day of physician
- Completes a comprehensive evaluation using appropriate
evaluation and assessment tools and procedures.
- Reviews patient records for current diagnoses, past medical
history, precautions and contraindications.
- Establishes measurable goals and develops treatment plan to
move the patient toward his or her maximum level of independence
- Supervises Physical Therapist Assistants and Rehab Techs in
direct Patient care and Patient-related activities in accordance
with state practice act.
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings and treatment
program to patients, family, and other team members.
- Collaborates and supports plan of care as determined by the
physician and healthcare team; treats patients accordingly as
approved by the physician. Performs periodic re-evaluation of the
patient as necessary and makes adjustments in the patient's
- Maintains patient records that reflect patient treatment:
(Evaluation, daily treatment record, physician update, patient care
plan updates, discharge summaries, telephone orders, billing).
- Communicates with supervisor and other health team members
regarding Patient progress, problems, and plans.
- Participates as necessary in Patient care conferences and
weekly rehabilitation and Care Coordination meetings.
- Participates in in-service training programs.
- Records clinical documentation according to accepted
regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Completes all documentation per timeline outlined in department
policy and as required to optimize patient care and flow. Maintains
supervisory oversight for documentation completed by Physical
- Records daily treatments and labor per department and company
- Establishes and instructs caregivers in Patient specific
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Acts as a clinical preceptor for affiliating Physical Therapy
or Physical Assistant schools.
- Complies with state regulations and national standards as they
apply to the practice of Physical Therapy.
- Responsible for assuring patient safety.
- Travels between facilities or other treatment locations as
necessary to assist with patient treatment. Variable and rotation
work shifts are required.
- Meets established productivity targets. QUALIFICATIONS Physical
and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical
Devices): Mobility (includes walking, good balance), reaching,
bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, ability to see
and hear, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with
Patients, family members, personnel, and ability to remain calm
under stress. 1. Graduate from an accredited School of Physical
Therapy. 2. Current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the state
of current practice. 3. Must be able to communicate in English,
both verbally and in writing. 4. Must possess problem-solving
skills of the type and at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
5. Must possess good communication skills and be able to relate
professionally and positively to Patients, Patient's family
members, and Facility staff 6. Must meet all local health
regulations, pass post-offer drug test, and pass post-employment
physical exam if required. 7. Must be capable of performing the
Responsibilities of this job, with or without reasonable
accommodations. We are an Equal opportunity employer; We offer an
excellent benefit plan to include 401K with match, CEU
reimbursement, vacation, sick, holidays, medical, dental, and
supplemental insurance Plans as well as a Highly competitive
Keywords: Cantex Continuing Care Network, Dallas , Staff Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Lancaster, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!