RN Spec - Oncology FT Nights $10K Hiring Incentive! - Dallas, TX, US - Oncology
Company: Parkland Hospital
Posted on: August 7, 2022
RN Spec - Oncology FT Nights $10K Hiring Incentive! - Dallas,
TX, USInterested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our
The RN is a licensed professional who uses the Parkland nursing
professional practice model to coordinate patient care delivery,
that focuses on a particular patient population(s)/specific health
conditions, by the health care team. Using the nursing process, the
RN assesses the patient, identifies nursing diagnoses based on
responses to health problems, develops and implements an
individualized plan of care, and evaluates the patient's response.
The RN utilizes knowledge of patient needs and the healthcare
environment to assist patients to transition through the healthcare
encounter without any preventable complications or delays. The RN
delegates interventions to health care personnel based on the Texas
Nursing Practice Act, each patient's condition, and the employee's
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor's in Nursing
Degree (BSN) preferred.
- Less than 2 years of experience.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license
from the Texas Board of Nursing, or valid Compact RN
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion
card from one of the following:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Military Training Network
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to the assigned patient population in accordance
with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical
- Establishes access and maintains central line devices and
peripheral intravenous access.
- Demonstrates an understanding and practical approach to patient
safety for care delivery for cancer patients.
- Administers chemotherapy, blood products, IV medications, and
biological agents in a safe manner.
- Validates accurate chemotherapy doses.
- Demonstrates knowledge of specific conditions, including
disease and treatment therapies for the cancer population.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and
possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients,
families, and hospital staff in accordance with established
policies and procedures.
- May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead
- Must be able to provide continuous assessments consult with
other team members as required.
Must be able to demonstrate patient-centered/patient valued
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable
knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care
- Must satisfactorily complete the oncology orientation to all
- Ability to reference the methodology of the dose calculation or
standard practice equations.
- Ability to assess, evaluate and initiate extravasation
management per hospital policy aligned to current literature and
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based
on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Keywords: Parkland Hospital, Dallas , RN Spec - Oncology FT Nights $10K Hiring Incentive! - Dallas, TX, US - Oncology, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!