Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN - Dallas, Texas - Dialysis
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN - Dallas, TexasPURPOSE AND
SCOPE: The registered professional nurse (CAP RN 1) position is an
entry level designation into the Clinical Advancement Program for
Registered Nurses.-- The CAP RN 1 is accountable and responsible
for the provision and coordination of clinically competent care
including assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation for an
assigned group of patients.-- As a member of the Kidney Disease
health care team, the CAP RN 1 participates in decision-making,
teaching, leadership functions, and quality improvement activities
that enhance patient care outcomes and program operations.-- --All
duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in
accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care and applicable contractual
service policy, procedures, standards of nursing practice, state
and federal regulations.--
- Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Program Manager (PM) and with guidance from the Educator, Preceptor
or an Inpatient Services CAP RN 2, 3, 4 or 5 for the first 6 months
- Expected to complete requirements to advance to the next
Inpatient CAP level, for which they qualify, within 24 months from
date of hire.
- erforms ongoing, systematic collection and analysis of patient
data pre - during - post treatment for assigned patients and
documents in the patient medical record, adjusts or modifies the
treatment plan as indicated and notifies inpatient program manager,
appropriately credentialed physician, patient's primary nurse and
others as may be indicated.
- Assesses daily assigned patient care needs and collaborates
with direct and ancillary patient care staff as needed.
- Initiates and coordinates communication with FKC and Non-FKC
dialysis providers and appropriate hospital personnel as needed to
provide continuity of patient care.--
- policy to initiate and assist with emergency response
- Delegates appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff
including but not limited to LVN/LPNs and Patient Care
- Monitors patient care staff for appropriate techniques and
adherence to FKC policy and procedures.
- Promotes infection control, equipment and environmental
- Assesses, collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
- Instructs hospital/facility staff on aspects of specialized
care related to renal replacement and apheresis therapies.
- Initiates, documents, and completes ongoing QAI activities
including monthly reports as directed by manager or designee.
- Serves as a resource for health care team, participates in
staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- Participates in all required staff meetings as scheduled.
- assigned to assist in an Outpatient facility on an as needed
- Supports and promotes the FMCNA's mission, vision, values, and
customer service philosophy.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by manager within state,
federal and contractual standards.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Areas of practice are diverse, including, but not limited to,
the fields of hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, continuous renal
replacement therapies, and apheresis.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting and moving of patients, and assisting with
ambulation.-- Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide
assistance.-- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of
standing and the employee must be able to bend over. The employee
may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and
equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water
solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5 feet.-- The work
environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air
temperature control and moderate noise levels.-- May be exposed to
infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above.
- Position requires participation in on-call rotation. (Night,
Weekend or as defined by individual program needs).--SUPERVISION:--
- Assigned oversight of Patient Care Technicians/LPNs as a
designated Nurse in charge, after the following:
- --Successful completion of all FKC education and modality
specific training requirements for new employees plus
- --Must have a minimum of 9 months experience as an RN plus
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Must meet the practice requirements in all states in which he
or she is employed.--
- Entry level for RNs with less than 2 years of nephrology
nursing experience within the last two years or for RNs with a BSN
and less than 1 year of nephrology nursing experience within the
last two years.
- Minimum of 9 months experience as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 6 months nephrology experience required before working
independently without a qualified dialysis RN
- 6 months dialysis experience required to be on-call.
- Hemodialysis and/or ICU experience (preferred).
- Successful completion of FKC Education and Training
requirements for new employees.
- Successful completion and maintenance of CPR BLS
- Meet all conditions of employment including Ishihara's Color
- Successful completion of all annual required
- Successful completion of on-going training and education as
assigned or required--EO/AA Employer:
Identity--Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a
drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Dallas , Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse - RN - Dallas, Texas - Dialysis, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!