RN Charge Nurse ICU - US-TX-Dallas - ICU - Intensive Care Unit
Company: Dallas Medical Center
Posted on: September 24, 2022
RN Charge Nurse ICU - US-TX-Dallas
Join an award-winning team of dedicated professionals committed to
our core values of quality, compassion, and community! Dallas
Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers incredible
opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a community
dedicated to making a difference.--Dallas Medical Center is a
155-bed acute care hospital accredited by The Joint Commission that
offers a wide range of medical services, including 24/7 emergency
care, cardiology, wound care, surgical services, cardiac
catheterization lab, and outpatient therapy. The hospital is the
only trauma center in the vicinity and is also a Certified Chest
Pain Center. Dallas Medical Center is a recipient of multiple
Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Awards and eight
Healthgrades Five-Star ratings over the past three years. For more
information, visit .
--Submit your application with Dallas Medical Center and find out
how you can be a part of a growing medical community.--RN Charge
Nurse ICU - Job Responsibilities:The ICU Charge Nurse is
responsible and accountable to the Department Director for the
quality of nursing staff and the delivery of patient care during
his/her shift and assists the Director in the daily operation of
the respective unit(s)/department. He/she provides direct
communication with the Director and/or House Supervisor of
unanticipated patient care events and/or risk management activities
within patient care unit(s); Utilizes nursing personnel
effectively, assisting with required scheduling, staffing and
assignments; Provides direction, supervision and evaluation of
staff and/or staff education as necessary; Assists with performance
evaluations, progressive discipline of staff and other related HR
activities as needed; Assesses supplies and equipment availability,
ensures their proper use and functionality and assists in the daily
maintenance of par levels; Collaborates with other department
managers/supervisors to ensure smooth coordination of services to
patients; enhanced patient flow within the facility and efficient
admission/discharge/transfer processes; Assesses patient care
delivery and quality of care/documentation on a consistent basis;
directs staff members to make immediate changes in the plan of
care, as appropriate to ensure patient safety and adherence to
regulatory guidelines, hospital policies, procedures, protocols
and/or clinical pathways and notifies Department Director, House
Supervisor and/or Medical Staff as appropriate utilizing the chain
of command. Interviews patients/families on admission and during
rounds to enhance positive patient experiences, provide
comprehensive orientation to the patient care unit and increase
patient/family awareness on how to access services and/or the
charge nurse, if necessary. The Charge Nurse may perform direct
patient care within scope of practice and clinical competency to
ensure patient safety and patient/nurse ratios; he/she shall be
temporarily relieved of Charge Nurse duties during such times by
Director/designee and shall document details of same on patient
care assignment record.--DUTIES:
Provide nursing staff leadership,
identifies and supports challenging situations, and implements
urgent policies and procedures--in a calm and efficient manner.
- Provide direct patient care as needed.
- Supervise nursing staff and monitor their needs.
- Coordinate daily administrative duties, nursing assignments and
- Oversee patient admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Mentor and train new staff and provide support and guidance to
all staff members.
- Monitor medical charts and provide compassionate care and
assistance to patients and patient families.--
- Liaison with doctors and administrators and communicating any
protocol changes to staff.
- Record and maintain accurate charting and reports.
- Utilizes interpersonal skills to maximize excellence in
customer service, safe patient care and professionalism.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Contributes to a work environment of caring and cooperation
among a culturally diverse workforce and patient population.
- Performs other duties as needed.--Shift:
--Education and Work Experience:
- Current and valid state RN License.
- Current BLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
- Current ACLS (AHA) 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
- Previous supervisory experience, one to two years, in acute
care hospital, ICU setting, preferred.
- Minimum of one year staff nurse in an acute care hospital
setting; Critical Care setting preferred.
- CCRN (AACN) within 2 years of hire, preferred.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN), preferred.
- Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 6
months of hire and maintain current.--We are an Equal Opportunity/
Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against
applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If
you need special accommodation for the application process, please
contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: --
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: Dallas Medical Center, Dallas , RN Charge Nurse ICU - US-TX-Dallas - ICU - Intensive Care Unit, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!