Sr Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery Triage - FT Days *$10K Hiring Incentive - Labor and Delivery
Company: Parkland Hospital
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Sr Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor & Delivery Triage - FT Days
*$10K Hiring IncentiveInterested in a career with both meaning and
growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of
the many other areas of healthcare administration and support,
everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the
health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to
our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse
healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125
years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn
and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job.
It's our passion!
Sr Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor & Delivery
FT Days; including rotating weekends/ 7A - 7P
12 hour shifts/3 day per week
$1K Employee Referral Bonus eligible for NEW Talent (see
* The RN is a licensed professional who uses the Parkland nursing
professional practice model to coordinate patient care delivery,
that focuses on a particular patient population(s)/specific health
conditions, by the health care team.
* Using the nursing process, the RN assesses the patient,
identifies nursing diagnoses based on responses to health problems,
develops and implements an individualized plan of care, and
evaluates the patient's response.
* The RN utilizes knowledge of patient needs and the healthcare
environment to assist patients to transition through the healthcare
encounter without any preventable complications or delays.
* The RN delegates interventions to health care personnel based on
the Texas Nursing Practice Act, each patient's condition and the
competencies of the employee.
* Medical - Active Day 1 of hire
* Life Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Pension Plan
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Paid Personal Leave
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Employee Health Center
* Parkland Center of Nursing Excellence
* SPARKS Peer Support Network
* And more!
* Serves as a patient advocate, by focusing on patient needs,
patient rights, confidentiality, and religious and cultural
preferences. Maintains positive working relationships with all
Parkland internal and external customers, employees, etc. Serves as
a resource for patients and other healthcare team members.
* May participate in community outreach activities (such as health
fairs, community collaborations or outreach clinics) as
* Maintains and implements knowledge of applicable rules,
regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact or govern
nursing practice, and ensures the hospital and Parkland are in
* Maintains current knowledge of procedures and practice for
patients requiring induction of pregnancy.
* Performs appropriate patient assessments including continuous
surveillance. Recognizes changes in a patient's condition and
provides appropriate interventions as necessary.
* Consults with other team members as required, notifies providers
to report changes in patient condition and implements orders in a
* Exercises independent judgment in providing safe nursing care to
the laboring patient, stable neonate, recovering, ECU and
* Performs appropriate duties during the laboring process, during a
vaginal delivery, cesarean delivery and during the immediate
* Supports breastfeeding and provides education related to newborn.
Provides safe medication administration using the patients 6
rights, provides maintenance, maintenance and management of IV
access, performs POC monitoring and demonstrates safe infection
* Supports appropriate positioning, assessment and management of
pain and provides emergency resuscitation care to the neonate and
patient in the Labor and Delivery area.
* Completes appropriate documentation.
* Maintains accurate and timely entries and notations in patient
care records and hospital documents.
* Ensures that all records and documents meet the standards, goals,
and objectives of the assigned department and Parkland.
* Works with other staff in providing direction to non-nursing
* Participates in information exchanges with nursing and other
Parkland staff that support the standards, missions, goals and
objectives of the department and Parkland.
* Provides appropriate hand off any time care is relinquished.
* Seeks and utilizes direction from more experience staff and team
members as needed.
* Serves as Charge Nurse on rotation as necessary.
* Serves as a preceptor or trainer to newer nursing staff
* Prepares and conducts an in-service educational program for the
assigned department, at least once per year.
* Identifies ways to improve work process and improve patient and
* Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements and monitors
results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the
department and Parkland.
* May serve on various interdisciplinary committees as
* Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements and trends
in nursing practice by attending seminars/workshops, reading
professional journals and actively participating in professional
* Maintains State of Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse, plus
any additional required licensures/certifications.
* Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
* A.S. or BSN Degree from an accredited Professional School of
* Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from
the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
* Minimum of two (2) years of labor and delivery experience.
* Current BLS healthcare provider completion card at time of
application submission from one of the following: American Heart
Association, American Red Cross, or Military Training Network.
* May be required to have additional specialty certifications.
* Must have Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
within 90 days of hire or reclassification into the role.
* Must have current American Heart Association ACLS course
completion card within 90 days of hire or reclassification into the
role. placement in role.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based
on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Pediatric, Labor and Delivery, OB/GYN, Obstetrics,
Keywords: Parkland Hospital, Dallas , Sr Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery Triage - FT Days *$10K Hiring Incentive - Labor and Delivery, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!