Licensed Vocational Nurse PRN Lvl 3
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It s our
passion.Responsible for providing total nursing care for assigned
patients, under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, in order to
ensure quality care.
Education and/or Licensure:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing
and/or licensed by the Texas Board of Nursing as a Licensed
Vocational Nurse; or have a valid Compact LVN License.
- Must have a minimum of one year of experience.
- Jail Health Must have a minimum of one year of experience in a
correctional health setting.
- Other areas Prefer two years of experience in a hospital
- Must have current, valid LVN license or temporary LVN license
from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact LVN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card
from one of the following:
oAmerican Heart Association
oAmerican Red Cross Rescuer
oMilitary Training Network.
- May be required to obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
certification during initial orientation.
Required Tests for Placement:
- Applicants must pass (85% or above) Dosage Calculation Exam prior
to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting
reassignment to role must have current Dosage Calculation Exam on
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with
the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care and clinical area
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff,
management, patient, and families.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of appropriate nursing
skills.Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination
based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status. Associated topics: license,
licensed, licensed practical, lvn, nurse i, nurse iv, nurse lpn,
pediatrics, practical nurse lpn, vocational
Keywords: Parkland, Dallas , Licensed Vocational Nurse PRN Lvl 3, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!