Physical Therapist - Acute Care
Company: Parkland Health & Hospital System
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our
Evaluates plans and implement specific treatment programs for
individual patients according to the principles of physical therapy
to facilitate the patient's recovery and return to
MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONS Education
- Must have a degree in Physical Therapy from a school accredited
by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Must have current licensure with the Board of Physical Therapy
Examiners for Texas, temporary licensure in Texas, or an active
compact license permitting a Physical Therapist to practice in
- Must have a current Healthcare Provider CPR course completion
card prior to hire and/or placement in a job from one of the
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross Rescuer
- Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of physical therapy
procedures and techniques.
- Must communicate effectively orally and written with patients,
families, and hospital staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate problem-solving ability.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient-valued
1. Evaluates patients thoroughly and define deficits according to
rehab principles. Plans, implements, and adapts treatments using
various therapy techniques and devices as appropriate to restore,
reinforce, and enhance patients' performance. Provides education to
patients and family members to facilitate participation and
2. Provides timely documentation on patient's status and progress
according to established guidelines. Maintains all necessary
records and reports ensuring timely entry and accuracy of data.
3. Maintains a positive working relationship with other staff to
ensure coordination and provision of quality patient care. Actively
participates in multidisciplinary rounds to determine the most
appropriate treatment plan for individual patients, based on
patient needs and capabilities.
4. Provides effective in-service training to staff, students,
and/or the general public on therapy techniques and objectives.
Provides supervision and instruction to students and aides.
5. Takes responsibility for own professional growth and development
by attending seminars and workshops, reading professional journals,
and maintaining current licensure as a therapist and integrates
this knowledge into the clinical setting. Maintains knowledge of
applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that
impact the therapy area. Develops effective internal controls that
promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program
requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state, and
private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to
ensure proper understanding.
6. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer
satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements and
monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals and
mission of PHHS.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based
on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Physical Therapy, Rehabilitation, Therapy, Patient
Care, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare
Keywords: Parkland Health & Hospital System, Dallas , Physical Therapist - Acute Care, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!