ER Veterinary Receptionist
Company: Dallas Animal Emergency/ Valley Veterinary Care
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job TypeFull-time Sunday 7a-7pMonday 7a-7pTuesday 7a-2pWednesday
7a-2pFull Job DescriptionGeneral Description of Position:The
receptionist is responsible to check-in patients and providing
great customer service at the front of the house. Ezyvet experience
is a huge plus!Since the veterinary reception is the main means of
communication between the medical staff and the clients, it is his
or her job to communicate to the vet or vet techs any emergencies
that walk through the door. Other tasks may involve keeping the
waiting area clean and well organized. Upon hiring, all new
employees will be subject to a 90-day probationary period during
which time employment may be terminated as determined by
management. All requirements are subject to change by the employer
at any time.Reports to: Hospital ManagerMust be flexible on hours
and days, nights and holidays as our hours of operation
- Provide top-notch customer service.
- Being attentive to client and pet needs.
- Identify and work compassionately with clients in various
- Work patiently with distressed, frustrated or disgruntled
- Answer and triage phone calls from clients.
- Schedule appointments and schedule procedures.
- Check-in clients.
- Monitor client flow from check-in to discharge.
- Monitor schedule and flow.
- Managing record requests between other hospitals and specialty
- Ensure that daily deposits balances and accurate.
- Discharge patients.
- Client education.
- Assist in cleaning the hospital including but not limited to:
keeping reception desk area and lobby clean and sanitary, taking
out the trash and recycling, laundry, cleaning floors, bathrooms,
exam rooms, kitchen and kennels if needed.
- Process payment transactions.
- Maintain proper documentation in the electronic medical
- Relay appropriate information to/from clients to doctors and/or
- Computer skills: Able to use Windows based computer systems,
word processing, email, web search and other skills needed to
effectively use the practice management software program.
- Familiar with Cornerstone software would be beneficialWORK
ENVIRONMENT:Emergency animal hospital, work in front of hospital,
high level of client interaction. Potential for exposure to
zoonotic diseases and possible hazardous materials.Continuing
Education Requirements: None at this timeExempt or Non-exempt
Status: Non-exempt position PI202074385
Keywords: Dallas Animal Emergency/ Valley Veterinary Care, Dallas , ER Veterinary Receptionist, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!