VP, Clinical & Health Systems Research
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It s our
Provides medical leadership, strategic direction, and clinical
oversight for Research services and programs at Parkland Health.
Develops appropriate clinical standards and guidelines for Research
initiatives. Ensures research adherence to exceptional clinical
practice and regulatory requirements. Responsible for supporting,
facilitating, and participating in financial and administrative
activities to achieve the expected goals and objectives defined by
the organization. Serves as the medical expert, as well as the
professional liaison to nursing and administrative leadership to
ensure high quality, timely, safe, appropriate, and compliant
patient centered and patient-valued research services in all care
settings. Minimum Specifications
- A Doctoral trained candidate with a preference for a Doctor of
Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree. Experience
- > 5 years of experience as a physician or clinical
researcher in a private or public setting.
- Three to five years of experience as a medical director is
- Must have experience in leading Research programs and
- Must have experience building relationships with physicians and
advanced practice providers at different levels and specialties.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
If candidate is Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy:
- Must be currently licensed for the practice of medicine in the
State of Texas or must obtain license within 6 months of date of
- Must meet and maintain licensing and registration requirements
as delineated by Parkland Health Medical Staff Bylaws, Medical
Staff Rules and Regulations, and Credentialing Policies/Procedures,
if any, within 6 months of date of hire.
Required Tests for Placement
Skills or Special Abilities
Leadership & Talent Management
- Primarily manages leadership-level physicians, clinicians,
employees, and managers/or experienced professionals who exercise
latitude and independence in assignments.
- Prior experience at a major research organization or university
or work experience that includes substantial interaction with
- Personal and professional integrity and ethical standards.
- Works collaboratively with UTSW researchers and develops shared
strategic goals to identify effective ways to facilitate research
activities at Parkland.
- Develops and implements the strategic vision for integrated
Research services/programs across the system.
- Establishes operational, functional, and/or business plans with
mid-to long-term impact on function results (e.g., 3 to 5 years).
Knowledge & Experience
- Requires broad knowledge in leading and managing
high-level/complex processes, projects, and tactics.
- Deep understanding of compliance and regulatory policies for
research enterprises, especially Human Research Protection
Programs, Research Compliance, and Research Integrity.
- Service with national research organizations such as the
National Institutes of Health (NIH), American Association of
Medical Colleges (AAMC), and scientific/research societies
- Has an established record as Principal Investigator in Clinical
and/or Population Research.
- Has an established track record of successful external funding
opportunities and is familiar with external funding opportunities
at local, state, and federal levels.
- Has an established track record of research publications and
presentations at national professional venues. Communication &
- Influences others outside of own department regarding policies,
clinical practices, and procedures and within the function.
- Communicates and conducts briefings with senior or executive
leadership regarding ongoing operations and strategic
- Serves as the Parkland Health executive medical expert in
Clinical and Health Systems Research. A specific area of interest
is research that addresses the social, economic, and environmental
factors that contribute to health disparities and working in
implementing programs that promote Health Equity. Presents findings
in internal and external publications and presentations. Provides
expertise to local and national advisory panels.
- Advances a Clinical and Health Systems research strategy-
including capacity building with UT Southwestern and Parkland
Health professional staff. Leverages clinical and health system
opportunities to attract funding related to research on health care
delivery and outcomes in underserved populations.
- Implements, monitors goals and objectives to support Parkland
Health s strategic Clinical Research initiatives in collaboration
with nursing and administrative leadership.
- Collaborates with UT Southwestern Medical School and with other
external higher education organizations such as schools of public
health and universities to develop collaborative research
relationships to jointly develop research initiatives.
- Influences and motivates physicians, clinicians, and other
professionals to participate in research initiatives.
- Develops and supports strategies to increase research
enrollment of Parkland patient population and community involvement
in research initiatives.
- Serves and participates on division/hospital wide committees,
quality improvement and patient safety activities to ensure
discipline representation/participation of area(s) of
responsibility. Promotes and supports interdepartmental
collaboration and integration, as well as positive working
- Collaborates with Population Health to understand the
characteristics of the Parkland Health population, distribution,
utilization of health services and Community Health Needs
- Identifies opportunities and serves as co-investigator or
principal investigator on funded research which aligns with
Parkland strategic priorities.
- Collaborates to develop and facilitate a research mentorship
- Leads and participates in clinical and epidemiologic research
that aligns with Parkland s mission.
- Contributes to and/or establishes operational, functional,
and/or business plans that have short to long term impact on
department and/or functional results.
- Responsible for coaching, leading and mentoring emerging talent
and developing the talent pipeline.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer
satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and
monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of
the department and Parkland.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and
trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading
professional journals, actively participating in professional
organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure.
Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies,
laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective
internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable
laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and
private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure
proper understanding. #LI-RB1 Parkland Health and Hospital System
prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability,
national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran
status. Associated topics: administrative, administrative support,
assistant, asso, chief operations officer, document, food,
operational assistant, operations director, records management
Keywords: Parkland, Dallas , VP, Clinical & Health Systems Research, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!