Primary Care Physician Employee Health Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our
Delivers a whole-person approach to health and wellness going
beyond the traditional primary care model. Practices in a
multidisciplinary service, and delivers comprehensive and
coordinated care leveraging multiple access points, collaboration,
personalized care planning, and health technologies to achieve
optimal health outcomes that lead to happier, healthier, and more
engaged employees and their eligible dependents.--Minimum
- Must have successfully completed an Accreditation Council for
Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Medical Association
(AMA) approved residency for Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or
combined Internal Medicine/Pediatrics specialty.--Experience
- None--Preferred Experience
- 2 years of clinical experience providing primary care.
- Current certification or active participation in the exam
process leading to certification by a Family Medicine or Internal
Medicine Specialty Board.
- Training and/or experience in Integrative Medicine, Functional
Medicine and/or Lifestyle Medicine.
- Training and/or experience with value-based contracting,
accountable care organizations, managed care, NCQA-PCMH, and
population health management.
- Training and/or experience in Motivational Interviewing.
- Training and/or experience in Cultural Competence in
- Training and/or experience in LGBT Health.
- Training and/or experience in Clinical Informatics.
- Training and/or experience in Telemedicine and Remote Patient
- Must be currently licensed for the practice of medicine in the
State of Texas.
- Must meet and maintain licensing and registration requirements
as delineated by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Medical Staff Rules and
Regulations, and Credentialing Policies/Procedures, if any.
--Skills or Special Abilities
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the
appropriate specialty practice (e.g. Family Practice, Internal
Medicine, and Pediatrics) assessment techniques and treatment
- Must be able to determine objectives, set priorities, and
establish and meet target dates.
- Must be able to work effectively with other health care
professionals, serve as a motivator and role- model to our
- Must be able to demonstrate patient-centered/patient-valued
- Must have excellent communication skills with all people groups
(patients, family members, team members, organizational leadership,
community representatives, etc.).
- Preferred Skills: Bilingual (Spanish)
- Patient Care
- Gathers and documents essential and accurate information about
patients; makes informed decisions about diagnostic and therapeutic
interventions incorporating patient information and preferences;
develops and carries out patient management plans on an ongoing
- Provides health care and utilizes evidence-based clinical
practice guidelines in the management to improve health
- Counsels and educates patients and their families regarding
health promotion, appropriate management of acute conditions, and
self-management of chronic conditions.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals within and
outside of PHHS, including community resources when appropriate, to
provide coordinated patient-centered care.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Utilizes effective interpersonal and communication skills with
patients, families and the care team. Creates and maintains a
therapeutic and ethically sound relationship with the patient.
Demonstrates respect, compassion, integrity and responsiveness to
the needs of the patient.
- Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
- Maintains knowledge and works toward the division quality goals
to achieve the desired practice outcomes.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes, workflows and
customer satisfaction for assigned area consistent with the area
and institution QAPI program.
- Modifies approach, communication and interaction to consider
specific or special needs of all customers.
- Participates and/or lead quality improvement projects,
community health needs assessment initiatives, teaching, research,
- System-Based Practice
- Practices cost-effective health care. Meets or exceeds expected
productivity and utilization standards.
- Strives to be a first-choice provider for health and wellness
by creating remarkably high-value experiences.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer
satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and
monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of
the department and Parkland.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and
trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading
professional journals, actively participating in professional
organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure.
Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies,
laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective
internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable
laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and
private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure
--#LI-RB1Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits
discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, genetic information, disability, national
origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Keywords: Parkland, Dallas , Primary Care Physician Employee Health Center, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!