QA Lab Technician I
Company: Hornet Staffing
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Primary Job Description:
- Tasks and duties of this position will include but are not be
limited to the following:
- Perform Quality Assurance Tasks including but not limited to
testing, inspections, preparation and inventory
- Perform other Quality Assurance tasks as required to support
the efforts of the Quality Assurance function.
- Perform incoming raw material testing.
- Manage and collect data for the following systems:
- Resin Applicator
- Steamer System
- Soft Water
- Vacuum Systems
- Air Dryers
- NALCO Make Down System
- Waste Water System
- Manage and calibrate QA test equipment. Develop and update the
Calibration System Requirements Log.
- Assist with UL Audits as needed.
- Support process engineers with raw material, product, and
process improvement trials.
- Participate in the pre-trial meetings, PPA meetings, trial
runs, trial sample collection and testing, and post-trial
- Use computer programs such as Excel, NWA Quality Analyst and
WinSPC to enter Quality Assurance test results and generate reports
based on these results.
- Interact with peers, supervisors, and managers in a cooperative
and team oriented manner.
- Communicate test results and conclusions, both verbally and/or
in writing, in a clear, concise, accurate and timely
- Ensure that housekeeping is maintained and enhanced during the
performance of all tasks.
- Ensure that a safe work environment is maintained and enhanced
during the performance of all tasks.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate,
- Intermediate knowledge of standard manufacturing concepts,
practices, and procedures Entry-level proficiency in raw material
and finished product testing procedures
- Entry-level proficiency in compiling and writing technical
- Entry-level knowledge of manufacturing process improvement
tools and techniques such as statistical process control (SPC),
Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kepner-Tregoe, Qualpro MVT, 5S,
Scrum, and/or Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Entry-level proficiency in managing quality systems in a
- Entry-level proficiency in CMMS systems such as Maximo
- Additional responsibilities up to and including relief for the
Quality Assurance Technician will be assigned as required by the
Quality Assurance Manager.
- Must be able to safely lift and handle up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to use computer software to enter test
- Must be able to work around chemicals and the Shingle Plant
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Vision correctable to 20/20, with accurate peripheral vision,
depth perception and able to correctly distinguish color and
- Must be able to effectively communicate written and verbal.
- High school diploma or GED required Associate's or Bachelor's
Degree in science or engineering preferred Dimensions
Keywords: Hornet Staffing, Dallas , QA Lab Technician I, Healthcare , Ennis, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!