Nurse Supervisor (RN)-Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) - CVICU
Company: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Nurse Supervisor (RN)--Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CVICU)Time
for a change? Ready for the next step and advancement? Are you
looking for a unit to share your skills and knowledge? Wanting to
grow in your skills? Come join our Cardiac/Surgical Intensive Care
Unit (CICU/SICU) Team at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of
Dallas, a MAGNET facility!
WORK LOCATION: Texas Health Dallas, 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX
WORK HOURS: Full Time Nights (7P-7A) for 40 hrs./week. Weekend and
holiday requirements. 2 eight-hour shifts, and 2 twelve-hour shifts
The CVICU is a 24-bed intensive care unit that specializes in
advanced Cardiac and Vascular surgical procedures. Our ICU units
are located in the Hamon Tower, the largest expansion in the
hospital's history, which opened in 2009. Our board-certified
critical care physicians directly oversee patient care in the ICU
throughout the day. Providers are on the unit 24 hours a day.
Critical care nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
- all trained in critical care medicine - work collaboratively to
provide care in the ICU. The staffing is dependent by acuity,
normally a 2:1 ratio
HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* Associate degree in Nursing required;
* BSN preferred.
* Other - CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding
foreign education equivalency Req
* Two-years nursing experience, or completion of an RN residency
program in a critical care setting required
* Leadership experience such as Supervisor, Charge, Committee chair
* Cardiac ICU experience strongly preferred
* Cardiac surgery recovery and ECMO experience highly preferred
* Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas
Board of Nursing upon hire.
* RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse
Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary
collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
* RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
* BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required (Expiration
date greater than 3 months preferred)
* ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
(Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
* CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 60 Days
* The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human
* The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique
meanings by: active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental
* The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding
of patient's affiliations.
* Perform other duties as assigned
More about Texas Health Dallas:
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed MAGNET-designated hospital, a
Level I Major Trauma facility, the first hospital in Dallas to
achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest
Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association's
Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a
top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology,
emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care,
women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
* Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave,
flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment
Program as well as several other benefits.
* Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing
education, nursing research and innovations in nursing
* Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
* A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for
* Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job
Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your
questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, Dallas , Nurse Supervisor (RN)-Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) - CVICU, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!