Sr Registered Nurse - Cardiology Clinic - Dallas, TX, US - Cardiology
Company: Parkland Hospital
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Sr Registered Nurse - Cardiology Clinic - Dallas, TX,
USInterested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your
abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas
of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland
works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of
individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining
Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's
served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to
work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team
where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.
PRIMARY PURPOSE The RN is a licensed professional who uses the
Parkland nursing professional practice model to coordinate patient
care delivery by the health care team. Using the nursing process,
the RN assesses the patient, identifies nursing diagnoses based on
responses to health problems, develops and implements an
individualized plan of care, and evaluates the patient's response.
The RN utilizes knowledge of patient needs and the healthcare
environment to assist patients to transition through the healthcare
encounter without any preventable complications or delays. The RN
delegates interventions to health care personnel based on the Texas
Nursing Practice Act, each patient's condition and the competencies
of the employee.
Education - Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelor's in
Nursing Degree (BSN) preferred.
- Must have two years of nursing experience.
- Prefer experience in an acute care setting.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience - None
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from
the Texas Board of Nursing; or valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card
from one of the following: - American Heart Association - American
Red Cross - Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with
the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members
as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient
centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and
possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families,
and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and
- May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to
non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a
- Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable
knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
1. Serves as a patient advocate, by focusing on patient needs,
patient rights, confidentiality, and religious and cultural
preferences. Maintains positive working relationships with all
Parkland internal and external customers, employees, etc. Serves as
a resource for patients and other healthcare team members. Serves
as a resource for specific clinical patient care issues. Provides
patient care educational information and training to patient and
family members. May participate in community outreach activities
(such as health fairs, community collaborations or outreach
clinics) as assigned.
2. Completes appropriate documentation. Maintains accurate and
timely entries and notations in patient care records and hospital
documents. Ensures that all records and documents meet the
standards, goals, and objectives of the assigned department and
3. Works with other staff in providing direction to non-nursing
staff. Participates in information exchanges with nursing and other
Parkland staff that support the standards, missions, goals and
objectives of the department and Parkland. Seeks and utilizes
direction from more experience staff and team members as needed.
Serves as Charge Nurse on rotation as necessary.
4. Serves as a preceptor or trainer to newer nursing staff
5. Prepares and conducts an inservice educational program for the
assigned department, at least once per year.
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer
satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and
monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of
the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and
trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading
professional journals, actively participating in professional
organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure.
Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies,
laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective
internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable
laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and
private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based
on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Keywords: Parkland Hospital, Dallas , Sr Registered Nurse - Cardiology Clinic - Dallas, TX, US - Cardiology, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!