Sr Registered Nurse - Psychiatry Emergency Department - FT Evenings - Psychiatric
Company: Parkland Hospital
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Sr Registered Nurse - Psychiatry Emergency Department - FT
EveningsInterested in a career with both meaning and growth?
Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the
many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone
at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our
Sr RN - Psychiatric Emergency Department
FT Evenings; including rotating weekends
12 hr shift - 36 hours per week
The RN is a licensed professional who uses the Parkland nursing
professional practice model to coordinate patient care delivery,
that focuses on a particular patient population(s)/specific health
conditions, by the health care team. Using the nursing process, the
RN assesses the patient, identifies nursing diagnoses based on
responses to health problems, develops and implements an
individualized plan of care, and evaluates the patient's response.
The RN utilizes knowledge of patient needs and the healthcare
environment to assist patients to transition through the healthcare
encounter without any preventable complications or delays. The RN
delegates interventions to health care personnel based on the Texas
Nursing Practice Act, each patient's condition and the competencies
of the employee.
* Medical - Active Day 1 of hire
* Life Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Paid Personal Leave
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Employee Health Center
* Parkland Center of Nursing Excellence
* SPARKS Peer Support Network
* And more!
Skills or Special Abilities:
* Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with
the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area
* Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members
as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient
centered/patient valued care.
* Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
* Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and
possess good oral and written communication skills.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families,
and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and
* May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead
* Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to
non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a
* Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational
* Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued
* Must be able to facilitate biopsychosocial education groups that
might include medication and/or health education.
* As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable
knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
* AS or BSN from an accredited school of nursing.
* Minimum of two (2) years of RN experience in a psychiatry and/or
behavioral health setting.
* Must have current/valid RN license or valid temporary license
with the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
* Must have current/valid healthcare provider CPR course completion
card from one of the following at time of hire: American Heart
Association; American Red Cross Rescuer; or Military Training
* Must have SAMA certification, level 1-4 or must obtain within 30
days of hire or placement into job. Must have SAMA certification
before first clinical orientation shift.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based
on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status,
political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Nursing, Registered Nurse, Patient Care, Emergency
Medicine, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare
Keywords: Parkland Hospital, Dallas , Sr Registered Nurse - Psychiatry Emergency Department - FT Evenings - Psychiatric, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!