Company: Emonics, LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Title: RN ER
Job Locatation: Coppell, TX 75019
The Registered Nurse will be clinically competent while delivering
care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment,
planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation. RNs will
effectively interact with patients, significant others and other
health team members while maintaining all standards of professional
nursing. This includes, but is not limited to: patient assessment,
therapeutic treatment as ordered by the physician, laboratory
testing, and patient discharge and education.
- Provide patients and their family with a customer focused,
friendly, reassuring and open environment that encourages patient
participation in health care decisions.
- Assist in patient care to the extent that training and
education allows. This may include duties not usually performed but
that are within the scope of practice.
- Encourage a work environment that is friendly and
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use the nursing process by demonstrating appropriate
assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the
patient's care, as evidenced by client/staff observation.
- Assess the patient: collect and document the patient's current
health status and medical history. Complete and/or review Admission
Data Record as defined by policy. Make accurate and ongoing
assessment of patient's status and respond appropriately.
- Plan/implement: set priorities for nursing action in a logical
sequence according to patient's needs and formulate a plan of care
by the appropriate selection of Nurse Practice Standards. The plan
of care is initiated on patient admission based on all aspects of
the initial assessment. Plan includes physiological, psychosocial
and environmental factors: patient/significant other education and
patient discharge planning. Provide age-specific education to
- Evaluate: perform ongoing assessment and revise plan of care
based on new data and patient's condition.
2.Document accurate and ongoing assessment of patient status:
Document patient care, including nursing intervention, patient
response to care provided, patient needs, problems, capabilities,
limitations, and progress toward goals. Documentation includes
evidence of appropriate patient/significant other teaching, and the
understanding of these instructions is noted in the medical record.
Maintain all required documentation in paper and electronic
3.Assist the physician on duty in the examination and treatment of
patients. Communicate with the physician regarding patient's needs,
the nursing assessments and recommendations on a daily basis and as
needed, as evidenced by client feedback and operations coordinator
4.Collect specimens and conduct laboratory tests
5.Review and uphold lab policies and procedures
6.Collaborate with other nurses and health team members to ensure
the patient's wellbeing as evidenced by staff/client feedback.
Support efforts of team members
Teach patient/significant other appropriate health information in a
timely manner and share written informational material as evidenced
by client feedback and operations coordinator observation.
- Perform direct patient care, to include therapeutic and
diagnostic intervention using established procedures, policies and
standards as evidenced by client/staff feedback and operations
9.Execute physician orders including administration of medications,
treatments and IVs according to policy and procedure.
Observe and document patient's response to pertinent
- Demonstrate ability and appropriate technical skills when
administering treatments and procedures in accordance with
physician's orders and policy and procedure (done within a timely
- Demonstrate necessary skills and knowledge to provide care for
patients according to policy, procedure and division/unit specific
- Demonstrate ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt,
precise and professional manner.
- Provide personal patient care to ensure comfort and well-being
to the patient, acknowledging physiological and psychological
- Perform indirect patient care, using established procedures,
policies and standards as evidenced by client/staff feedback and
operations coordinator observation.
- Give a thorough, concise report at change of shift. Communicate
pertinent information to the appropriate person in a timely
- Demonstrate accurate and timely documentation according to form
- Accurately transcribe physician orders according to policy and
- Maintain a clean, neat and safe environment for patient and
staff according to policy and procedure as evidenced by
staff/client feedback and operations coordinator
- Ensure that supplies and equipment necessary for patient care
are stored in an organized and efficient manner. Clean, restock,
and prepare treatment rooms
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness in the clinic, lab, and
exam rooms at all times. Ensure that facilities are maintained and
function in accordance with OSHA standards
- Demonstrate correct and safe technique in the use of equipment
according to specific product information.
- Follow appropriate procedure for obtaining and returning or
cleaning/disposing of equipment and supplies.
- Participate in economical utilization of supplies and ensure
that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Maintain all required professional certifications and licenses.
Participate in any and all certification of the facility and
- Adhere to administrative system/nursing service policies as
evidenced by operations coordinator.
- Remain conscientious in regard to personal hygiene and comply
with specific division/unit regulations.
- Comply with specific system/division/unit policy and procedure
- 100% attendance to mandatory skill updates yearly
- Completing all assigned clinical and lab education.
- Attend a minimum of four staff meetings and read and sign all
minutes of meetings not attended.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Excellent Communication and customer service skills.
- Learning Orientation.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Computer application and lab skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Knowledge regarding the nursing process and its application,
including the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation
of nursing care
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in patient care setting. Experience in an
Urgent Care or ER/ICU environment is required.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Unrestricted registered nurse license in the state of
- Current ACLS, PALS/ENCP, and CPR/BLS Certification
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program
- High School (or accredited equivalent) diploma
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does
serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the
Incumbent will be exposed to virus, disease and infection from
patients and specimens in working environment. Incumbent may be
required to work extended periods of time at a video display
terminal (VDT). Incumbent may experience traumatic situations,
including psychiatric, dismembered and deceased patients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
This position requires intermittent physical activity, including
standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching as
well as lifting and supporting patients.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Incumbent will be scheduled based on operational need (rotate
shifts, standby, on-call).
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some
out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Incumbent
will be required to work at any facility and be responsible for own
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Intuitive Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Intuitive Health complies
with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Emonics, LLC, Dallas , RN ER, Healthcare , Coppell, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!