MEDICAL ASSISTANT-EP PLANO HCA
Posted on: September 20, 2023
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
HeartPlace - USHV has an excellent full time employment
opportunity, with benefits, for an experienced Electrophysiologist
Medical Assistant for the HeartPlace Plano EP practice. Prior
recent cardiology experience would be required. Experience with
pacemakers would be preferred.
Performs selected nursing and administrative/clerical duties that
assist in the management of our patient's care.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides excellent customer service and the highest quality
2. Assists patient to exam rooms.
3. Takes patient vital signs (blood pressure, heart rate, weight,
4. Verifies and inputs patient medications into EMR. Making changes
and additions as
needed to the medication list.
5. Responsible for EKG, rhythm strip, and signal average EKG
hook-ups and printouts. (Proficiency Required)
6. Assists physicians with patient exams as needed.
7. Responsible for Holter monitor hook-ups and removals, event
recorders and Loop recorders. (Proficiency Required)
8. Maintains cleanliness and supplies in patient exam rooms.
9. Takes pharmacy phone calls, reviews charts, and calls in
10. Monitors pharmacy samples, removing from stock as expired.
11. Receives and returns phone calls from patients and other
external sources. Receives
and returns portal messages in the EMR.
12. Pulls patient charts when necessary.
13. Uses the computer for patient inquiry and scheduling.
14. Follows all OSHA and other safety guidelines.
15. Maintains current CPR and Medical Assistant certification.
16. At all times protects the confidentiality of protected health
information (PHI) of patients per HIPAA regulations; does not
normally have business need for seeing PHI of employees.
17. Actively demonstrates teamwork at all times.
18. Performs other duties as required.
19. May also be responsible for insurance pre-certification, prior
procedure/surgery scheduling and coordinating transfers and
20. Works onsite within the clinic during scheduled hours. Regular
attendance is an
essential part of this role.
21. May be required to move between locations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Graduation from an accredited program for Medical
3. Medical Assistant certification required or must obtain within
90 days of hire date.
4. Ability to responsibly ascertain detailed and important
information provided by patients and accurately relays such
information to physician in the scope of assistance of care, and
records such information in the patient's chart and/or EMR.
5. Responsible for calling in prescription information to
pharmacies and provide detailed drug information to patients.
6. Maintains current BCLS certification.
7. 2+ years medical assistant experience, preferably at a
8. Fluently speak, read, and write English.
9. Understanding of OSHA requirements in a clinical setting
10. Understanding of HIPAA requirements.
11. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
12. Ability to meet physical demands of the job which include, but
are not limited to: standing, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting,
transporting supplies or equipment, walking for extended periods of
time, and occasionally lifting and carrying items which may weigh
up to 50 pounds.
13. Vision and hearing must be within or correctable to within
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
We do not require COVID vaccination, but do encourage it.
Keywords: HeartPlace, Dallas , MEDICAL ASSISTANT-EP PLANO HCA, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!