RN PreOp - Ophthalmology Surgery Center of Dallas - Ophthalmology
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: September 21, 2023
RN PreOp - Ophthalmology Surgery Center of DallasOverview
Today, SCA Health has grown to 11,000 teammates who care for 1
million patients each year and support physician specialists
holistically in many aspects of patient care. Together, our
teammates create value in specialty care by aligning physicians,
health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering on
the quadruple aim of high-quality outcomes and a better experience
for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care.
As part of Optum, we participate in an integrated care delivery
system that enables us to support our partners as they navigate a
complex healthcare environment, Only SCA Health has a dynamic group
of physician-driven, specialty care businesses that allows us to
customize solutions, no matter the need or challenge:
* We connect patients to physicians in new and differentiated ways
as part of Optum and with our new Specialty Management Solutions
* We have pioneered a physician-led, multi-site model of practice
solutions that restores physician agency by aligning incentives to
support growth and transition to value-based care.
* We lead the industry in value-based payment solutions through our
Global 1 bundled payment convener, that provides easy predictable
billing to patients.
* We help physicians address everything beyond surgical procedures,
including anesthesia and ancillary service lines.
The new SCA Health represents who we are today and where we are
going-and the growing career opportunities for YOU.
We are actively hiring for an Registered Nurse (RN) PreOp.
* Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
* Assess patient's preoperative status at intervals according to
facility or health care organization policies and procedures to
include the patient's
* cardiovascular system,
* respiratory system and airway management needs,
* neurological system,
* hemodynamic stability,
* pain and comfort needs, and
* mental status.
* Interpret information accurately from various noninvasive and
* Describe the underlying pathophysiology of commonly encountered
* Describe the physiology associated with various anesthesia
techniques and surgical or procedural interventions.
* Develop an individualized perianesthesia plan of care by
- Preparing for and protecting patient from injury caused by
positioning, thermal sources, and extraneous objects.
- Communicating the patient's current status throughout the
perianesthesia continuum of care.
* Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects
and chemical, electrical, mechanical, and thermal sources.
* Demonstrating safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
* Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patient's
* Handling specimens according to facility policy and
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal
* Providing acute pain and comfort management as needed.
* Administering medications safely and correctly by using the
8-rights of safe medication administration.
* Performing interventions to maintain the integrity of the
patient's wound and tissue perfusion at or above baseline
* Performing interventions to ensure the patient is at or returned
to normothermia at the conclusion of the immediate postoperative
- Providing nursing and appropriate monitoring in accordance with
policies and procedures.
* Performing interventions to protect patient from infection.
* Managing patient's other co-morbid conditions as applicable.
* Managing patient's fluid as prescribed.
* Assessing the knowledge level of the patient or designated
- Providing education regarding the expected psychosocial
response, nutritional management, medical management, pain
management, wound management, and expected responses to the
operative or invasive procedure.
* Involving patient or designated support person actively in
decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the
* Protecting patient's rights, dignity, and privacy.
* Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care within
legal standards of practice; and
* Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation
and time-out policy.
* Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
* Transfer care as needed.
* Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate,
concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to
* Delegate tasks according to the state Nurse Practice Act (if
applicable), state board of nursing or professional registration
requirements, state laws, and job descriptions.
* Document episode of care completely, accurately, and legibly.
* Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills with
members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders.
* Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning patient
* Participate in quality review and performance improvement
* Participate in the performance appraisal process.
* Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships with team members.
* Maintain required competencies.
* Pursue professional growth.
* Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and
confidentiality of individuals and health information.
* Comply with SCA and facility policies and procedures when
providing patient care.
* Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily
* Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
* One year of ICU, ED, PACU, and/or medical / surgical nursing
* Current state licensure to practice within good standings.
* Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) or Basic
Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or
documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
* Successful completion of Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
(ACLS) Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current ACLS certification.
* Successful completion of Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
course is required when pediatric care is included in the facility
scope services within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current PALS certification.
* Specialty certification in Perioperative or perianesthesia
Nursing is preferred.
USD $39.00/Hr. USD $47.00/Hr.
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Dallas , RN PreOp - Ophthalmology Surgery Center of Dallas - Ophthalmology, Healthcare , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!