Seasonal NICU RN - Greenville, TX - NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care
Company: Hunt Regional Medical Center at Greenville
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Seasonal NICU RN - Greenville, TX
Seasonal NICU RN
START YOUR APPLICATION
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- Race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic
origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory
disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status,
past or present military service, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate shall not be a factor in employment for this position. Due
to the nature of hospital services, it may become necessary to work
- Responsible for patient care in all areas of the Women's
POSITION SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports To:
- Charge RN, RN Supervisor, Director
- Minimum Education
- Minimum Work Experience
- Required Licenses/Certifications
- Texas State RN License. Appropriate CPR Certification
- Must obtain NRP and STABLE within 90 days of employment and
- Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Preferred Qualification
- RNC, STABLE
- Must work varied hours and schedules. Requires prolonged
walking and standing, frequent bending and/or stooping. May involve
lifting or positioning of patients. Requires corrected vision and
hearing to normal range. May be exposed to communicable diseases
and bodily fluids. Requires ability to sustain concentration in a
noisy and fast paced environment. May be exposed to violent or
QUALITY BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS
- Generally and in all job specific duties: Uses critical
thinking skills to determine evidence based solutions. Systemically
gathers and reviews pertinent information to prevent errors (PDCA -
Plan, Do, Check, Act). Pursues individual or team learning and
growth opportunities to continually build skills. Understands and
abides by all safety regulations.
SERVICE EXCELLENCE BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS
- Generally and in all job specific duties: Maintains patient
confidentiality. Rounds regularly with patients, direct reports
and/or customers. Uses telephone and elevator etiquette. Acts as an
employee ambassador. Committed to know hospital service lines and
shows pride in our organization. Uses AIDET when dealing with
internal or external customers.
--RESPONSIBILITY BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS
- Generally and in all job specific duties: Takes responsibility
for solving problems. Treats company resources responsibly.
Performs work functions timely and accurately. Respects our
environment; keeps public areas neat and clean and returns supplies
to the appropriate areas.
PEOPLE BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS
- Generally and in all job specific duties: Supports the team
through good attendance. Maintains a professional appearance.
Creates a positive team environment; flexible and supportive
setting an example of cooperation. Uses meaningful communication;
provides honest feedback that is valuable and not critical and
discourages negative talk and gossip. Respects co-workers.
JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the HMHD
- Conduct reflects HMHD's values and a commitment to HMHD's Code
- Attends the required corporate integrity and compliance
training and education programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding the materials
presented during the corporate integrity and compliance training
and education program.
- Complies with all HIPAA standards.
- Responsible and accountable for new employee
- Attends and Participates in huddle and unit specific
- Maintains knowledge of current regulatory standards as they
pertain to the department(s) and assures compliance and
communication of standards to staff.
- Reinforces HMHD's Behavorial Expectations AND Womens Center
Behavior Pledge (provided).
- JOB SPECIFIC CRITERIA for NICU
- Cares for infants transitioning to extra uterine life.
- Provides age and culturally appropriatecare to
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to
assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Provides nutritional assessment & specialized
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs.
- Provides arterial & intravenous therapy.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients,
such as incubators and ventilators.
- Prepares and administers and records prescribed
- Reports adverse reactions to medications or
- Monitors vital signs and initiates corrective action whenever
the patient displays adverse symptomatology, communicates patient's
condition to care team.
- Assists treating physician during examination, treatment and
procedures, which can include life-saving situations.
- Instructs and educates patient's family.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and
completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on
the appropriate forms.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending
on assignment setting.
- Completes required orientation as directed by
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on
- Follows facility and GHR Unusual Occurrence Protocol.
- Respects cultural and religious practices of patients.
- Upholds HIPAA regulations.
- Punctual and dependent for assigned/confirmed shifts.
START YOUR APPLICATION
Keywords: Hunt Regional Medical Center at Greenville, Dallas , Seasonal NICU RN - Greenville, TX - NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care, Healthcare , Greenville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!