Preop/PACU RN Full Time - PreOp / PACU - Post Anesthesia Care
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Preop/PACU RN Full TimeJOB TITLE: Preop/PACU RN
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Assists in provision of nursing care to patients in an Ambulatory
Surgical Center setting. Assumes total responsibility for patient
care in accordance with physician's orders and centers
* Demonstrates ability to assess patient status on admission to the
preop area, the operating room and/or the PACU area and on a
* Utilizes the nursing process for patient assessment, problem
identification, and any interventions.
* Prepares patients for surgical procedures.
* Physiologically monitors patients during procedures as
* Administers and documents medications, solutions and treatments
* Assists physicians with examinations, procedures or other patient
* Monitors and controls the environment.
* Provides equipment and supplies in a cost-effective manner based
on patient's needs.
* Provides timely, accurate and complete documentation.
* Respects patient's rights
* Participates in patient/family teaching based on the
developmental age of patient.
* Performs actions that demonstrate accountability.
* Follows established infection control policies and
* Enhances professional growth and development through
participation in various programs, in-services, workshops and
* Maintains competencies to function in the RN role within specific
area. (Ex. Preop, OR, and Pacu).
* Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills
which promote a positive environment, teamwork and loyalty to the
* Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure
quality patient care.
* In accordance with the ambulatory surgery center philosophy,
presents behaviors and actions which create a high level of
customer service to patients, visitors, physicians, vendors and
Surgery Center staff.
* Demonstrates behaviors and actions which support the mission,
goals and operations of the Surgery Center that also contribute to
continuous service improvement.
* Exhibits flexibility, adapting readily to changes in the work
environment and/or work schedule.
* Maintains a positive attitude, even during periods of stress and
* Maintains positive attendance and communicate in advance any
absences from work.
* Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing; current state RN
* CPR required.
* ACLS required.
* Minimum one year in pre-operative, intra-operative and
post-operative surgical patient care.
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Dallas , Preop/PACU RN Full Time - PreOp / PACU - Post Anesthesia Care, Healthcare , Hurst, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!